View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 07:40 AM   #6
Brucelee

Keep in mind, this site has a paying sponsor who sells expensive preventive
mods to your engine. "He who pays the piper calls the the tune."

I will try to address this without becoming too testy!

LONG before we took on the sponsor that you reference, the issue of the Boxe's engine foibles has been a hot topic. This is because folks wrote in to tell us about their engines imploding. This is clearly not the only site where this issue comes up; you can do a Google and fine this all over the internet.

If you were around long enough, you would know that my neighbors brand new box lost an engine at 12K miles, sitting at a traffic light.

That Box engines implode or explode is not at issue. The real issue is that no one has any real data on the subject except MAYBE Porsche and they simply deny the problem is extraordinary. Yet, I have seen the problem first hand and talked to the local SM at length about it. It was real (maybe be fixed now) and it was/is expensive.

Personally, as I have said, I don't know if the problem is statistically signfiicant. What we ALL know is that the repair is very expensive and makes many leary of an out of warranty Boxster.

In the future, if you want to state that we here at the forum are "on the take" then I suggest that you check out your facts. Believe me, to buy my integrity would cost a lot more than any sponsor pays on this site, or any other for that matter.

In fact, I am not sure how much it would cost as no one has ever tried to do it!

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote