View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 05:23 AM   #1
Frodo

Good driving roads in Pennsy

Being from Ohio, I have been in south Jersey visiting my family for a couple of days. Needing to head back today (unfortunately, I have to work tomorrow), I wanted to find a different route back, hopefully nice roads, nice views and not a ton of traffic. It's shaping up to be a pretty Boxster driving day---maybe even top down weather!

Anyway, I came out here via the Pennsy Turnpike, fairly efficient but not exactly beautiful, and fairly traffic-laden. I have used I-80 before, and like it a lot. But that has entailed using the NE Extension to get up there. Again, not exactly a beautiful driving road.

What I was wondering about was maybe getting on the Turnpike headed west and at some point breaking off, heading north or (preferably) northwest up to I-80.

Anybody have any suggestions for a good place to break off I-76 to head up to I-80?? Any suggestions welcome, and TIA.

(BTW, it's now around 9:00 am and I'm hoping to leave not much after noon, so you guys don't have a lot of time. Sorry I didn't think to post this yesterday!)
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote