Thread: Fall Detailing
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 06:05 PM   #1
Frodo

Fall Detailing

Got busy on Sunday, the last day before it got cold/rainy/almost snowy here, and did my fall exterior detail work. Kept it reasonably simple: washed the wheels, then the finish; clayed; used some paint cleanser (Meg’s---it was available, and does a reasonably good job); then waxed with S100.

Anyone used the P21S pre-wax paintwork cleanser? If so, you like it?

Did a quick Plexus job on the rear window, and Back to Black on the bumperettes (which I still prefer BLACK, thank you) and on the little mudflaps behind the rear wheels. In the process, pulled the bumperettes off, along with the rear tag and base plate, so as to be able to clean up and wax the finish in that area. Finished with Invisible Glass on the windows, windshield and sideview mirrors. Vacuumed the interior and mats.

That’s it. I have yet to polish this car in the two years of ownership, largely because it has always looked so good to me doing just the above (or similar) protocol. However, I do believe I’ll fire up the PC and do some polishing come next spring. (Have already “practiced” using it on the Toyota.)

Anyway, see what you think…

BTW, ekam: I realize I “stole” your signature concept with the leaf-on-the-rear-trunk shot---I hadn’t planned on including it here, but it just looked too good (and too seasonal) to omit.
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote