Thread: Bleeding oil?
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 02:39 PM   #1
funkdefino

Bleeding oil?

Just had a PPI on a 2000 Boxster S. Sent it to Porsche in Orlando.

The Mechanic that did the inspection said the car was in excellent health and that I had nothing to worry about. He did mention that the car should have the tires replaced and also mentioned another repair... What do you make of this?

He said that there were no oil leaks, but that the car was "bleeding" a little oil from the seems. He said it was nothing to worry about in the short term, but he recommended eventually getting some minor parts (seals?") replaced before it got any worse.

I am a little concerned about the term "bleeding". I have read others say that sometimes they start their car up and a smoke comes out... but it's nothing to worry about. OK... no big deal.

On the other hand... I have also read about engine failures from oil in the coolant.

I want to buy the car and have the repairs done... only trouble is? I live in Miami and need to drive the car home immediately. Won't be able to get this looked at for about a week. Mechanic says I could drive to New York and back a few times and not worry about it...

Thoughts?
funkdefino is offline   Reply With Quote