View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 07:51 AM   #3
Perfectlap

^ I'm about the same height and weight as you. NOT GOOD for me. Need to drop 20 pounds I'm such a slacker these days. Although to my credit I bought one of those pull up bars that fit in any doorway. I placed it at the entrance of the master bedroom so I do a set first thing as soon as I wake up. Gotta work on the cardio though...

anyhoo...the seats are a pain if you're out of the car more than a few times per day. And if you're suspension is on its last legs the ride will get rough. You're litterally on teh floor board. Imagine the lowest position in the stock seat and then cut another inch lower. Looking behind to para park is really tough because you can't pivot your shoulders. I was a cyclist my whole life so I'm used to being in crunched position so I can hop out in one motion. My female passengers always marvel at this and complain that getting out is like falling on floor and trying to get up.

Check the Rennlist.com forums in the 996, 997 sections. There's always someone selling a second hand set. Maybe you're near VIR and can meet up someone at a PCA event. If you buy them used and don't like them you'll have no problem selling them a small loss.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote