View Single Post
Old 03-29-2005, 07:34 AM   #9
Perfectlap

I asked about painting before, the seller said that he wasn't thrilled about the idea since he has someone else paint his fiberglass so he couldn't guarantee a color match.
which seems right, I don't think its a good idea to paint first without fitting. With fibergalss there is always some finishing/sanding required to get a perfect fit before the paint goes down.
The labor isn't as cheap as I thought. Its about $300 around this part of the country. ($500 for a high end shop). You could do allot of the prepwork yourself which would require you to jack up the car, remove the wheels, drill on the skirting, and do some sanding. Then remove, take it down to your paint shop and re-install it yourself. I've preped small fiberglass/polyurethane objects and its not too complicated. Very time consuming since amateurs like me go slowly.

I'll ask him how much he would charge for two sets. I don't think he would knock 1/4 of the price off but maybe if we can get another taker.

I have to ask him about the mounting hardware, when he had the skirting on Ebay he said he would throw in the dealer hardware for the winner. I think it sold for $450.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote