Thread: My new baby!
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 02:38 PM   #6
Brucelee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 944boy
Unfortunately no and no. I may look into extended warrenties but honestly I plan on doing most things myself. I did find a good shop in Seattle with top mechanics but they are 1.5 hours away from where the car is. I am fairly good at finding flaws in cars, also having judged concours and teching for race events, I know certain things to look for. While not as thorough as a real PPI I have an idea of what I'm getting into.

I plan on replacing the brake pads in the next month or so. They changed the oil but I will again in 3K or less. From commuting I can feel the slightest chatter on the clutch take-up in a slow start. So a clutch and flywheel are in its future. My 944's rubber center clutch lasted 180K miles and 18 years before it exploded and I am still on the original unsurfaced flywheel.

Good things are that it does not look to have had any major run ins with curbs or speed bumps. There is only light scratching on the front under-tray which I was impressed to see with some of the steep entrances/exits around here. The tires are almost new N0 conti's. The former owner was a military man and I think always took it to the dealer when it needed anything, no one else would put N0's on it.

There will be egg on my face if it blows up on the way home but I have had good luck in the past with one owner dealer serviced cars in the past.

Thanks for the welcome and I will post more pictures this week.

Best of luck with the car!

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote