View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 06:38 PM   #12
Brucelee

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJMeredith
This is an unfortunate first post...

I purchased a 2000 Boxster S with 26,000 miles from a local Porsche dealer (Tysons Porsche in Vienna, VA). It was a one owner car and was IMMACULATE (the guy traded it on a 2008 Boxster). After a day and a half and about 200 miles, I discovered oil in the coolant! I was hoping that it was just the oil cooler, but I was pretty sure the engine was dead. I immediately took it back to the dealer service department and they eventually confirmed that it was a catastrophic engine failure, but I never discovered the exact cause.

The dealer stood behind the car and offered me a direct exchange for a 2001 with 28,000 miles and far more options (or a full refund). I walked away VERY happy with the Porsche dealer and service department. I have no idea if the dealer had any recourse with Porsche (or the first owner) since they got stuck with it.

I now find myself regularly peering into the coolant reservoir of the new one...

Chris
I can understand your trepidation. I guess all you can do is make sure you keep the oil and coolant clean.

BTW-If it were me, I would use Red Line oil. It can't hurt.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote