View Single Post
Old 05-17-2008, 12:24 PM   #5
Kirk

I just saw a used PST2 for sale somewhere, probably Renntech, for like $2,850. You don't see them for sale that often. That's why I would jump on one that's even close to the cost of the Durametric system.

I don't really know all of the functions of the PST2. Loren at Renntech would know since he has one and often uses it to help other Porsche owners - myself included. I know the PST2 though basically does EVERYTHING you would want to do to the car's electronic controls since this is what the Porsche technicians use for diagnosing and repairing cars. The PST2 only works up to a certain model year though, like 2002 or 2004.

I know that with the PST2 you can do simple things like turn on/off the OBC, read and clear codes, reset warning lights (Loren's going to help me with this on June 7th), change automatic locking protocol (Loren did this for me already, doors lock at 5 mph), etc. But that's the simple stuff. The PST2 is MUCH more powerful than that as you can totally reflash the DME!

If someone wants to send me a PST2 I would be happy to get my Assistant to demo it.
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote