View Single Post
Old 04-14-2008, 07:38 AM   #2
Topless
Track rat

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 986barnum
So I am completely hooked on AX and track days for my 98. So much so that I'm ready to get some better tires and put a sport seat in. What do you guys think of the GT3 vs. Sparco Evo XL? pros and cons of both... i like the looks of the gt3 better but naturally like the price of the sparco. i'm 6'2 so sitting lower is helpful if not a necessity with my helmet on. Also, i've got the continental contisport 2's and have determined they are crap when it gets hot... short of going to some race compound tires what are people using that keeps them in a 'street' class and can at least handle the drive to and from the track? my box is my weekend car so i'm not too terribly concerned with tire life or long distance seat comfort. thanks!
For tires check your local PCA results for top ten finishes in all stock classes. Then go walk the pits and see what those guys are wearing. The "best" tire does vary a little due to track conditions and temperatures. In San Diego the Hot Shoes are on Yokohama Advan Neova, Bridgestone RE01R and Michelin PS2 I think.