View Single Post
Old 03-23-2008, 07:48 AM   #16
yellowboxster01

You definitely don't want to soak the parts in lacquer thinner. If you do that, yes it will melt the plastic. Take a grey scotchbrite and lacquer thinner and wipe the parts, you can scrub a bit but, not too hard. You'll know when all that paints gone. Then you take a new scotchbrite and scuff them up real good and we paint them with semi flat black krylon. Since I've worked at Huber Restorations, I've done 4 cars, VW Jetta, 2 Porsche's and a Ferrari. We've not had a complaint yet.

I agree the color matched console looks much better. But, price for price spraying them semi flat black is much cheaper. I'm doing a c/f overlay to all my soft touch parts except my factory color matched console. I thought about color matching the horse shoe but, I think it's a bit much.

Max Speed Motorsports, sells the majority of the c/f overlay to cover up the soft touch. My door pockets and pull handles are the worst, now maxspeed sells them. Compared with factory c/f, it's chump change but, not cheap by any stretch.

But, what on a Porsche is inexpensive??? Cheapest piece I've bought was "the red clip", but no kidding it was cheap it's barely there.
yellowboxster01 is offline   Reply With Quote