View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 07:42 PM   #6
Halfbreed83

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2000s
Mods are so common on FDs, you're bound to have a bunch of people complaining about problems. Especially considering how sensitive they are to any changes in flow. Their price also makes them attractive to kids with just enough $$ to buy them but then they take short cuts on tryong to make more power. In general, the FDs will last a long time if left stock and cared for.

The aftermarket products available to Boxsters is extremely small compared to the FD. The Boxster crowd is much less active in internal mods for this reason and the drivers are generally more mature. It's hard to screw up a Boxster when the common mods are limited to exhaust and intake.

In general, if you want to keep either one in good shape, the Boxster will probably cost you more.
I was one of those kids! However, i took my car to reputable tuner (Pettit Racing) and spent about 7g's to make sure the car was in good shape. After, I performed my routine maintance on the car (oil changes every 2000 miles, all other fluids replaced once a year, spark plugs changed every year, etc). One day, i decided to WOT the car, the boost spiked and after that it was down hill Just bad luck i guess.

Thanks for the insight, i'll keep reading and keep your advice in mind.

Looking into getting a 2002-2005 Boxster S
Halfbreed83 is offline   Reply With Quote