Thread: Please advise..
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 03:26 PM   #1
nola911

Please advise..

I mentioned before that I was in the process of buying a used car. I paid a 1500 dollar deposit and bought a plane ticket for miami this weekend. Last week, after I had put a deposit down, I couldn't get the owner for three days by phone or email. He was avoiding me, so I emailed his craigslist listing from a new email address to see if he was trying to stall my sale and sell the car for more.

Sure enough, he emailed right back and said the car was still available, even though he had "an out of town looker." I know for a fact the owner is hurting for cash. I spoke to his bank, and I am buying the car for 60 dollars less than his payoff amount.

Regardless, I still have a bad feeling about his lie. Last night I sent another email from the other account to see if the car was still for sale. He said he has a deposit, but would be willing to still sell the car if the price is right.

I hate liars. I cannot stand the fact that he can lie about something like this, just to make a buck. The person in desperation to make an extra thousand dollars would be the type of person to not mention that coolant is slowly leaking and he doesn't know where it goes because it leaves no puddle.

Would you run from the sale and try to get your deposit back based on the fact that the seller is not keeping up his end of the deal?

I am paying a premium for the car based soley on the fact that the mods that I would do to it are done. It will in the long run save me a lot of money.

It is a modified 1999 911 with 37k miles, I am paying 31,000.
nola911 is offline   Reply With Quote