View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 10:32 PM   #31
pk2

Quote:
Originally Posted by efahl
I don't think it would work very well, because volume between the turbo and throttle body ...
Hey Efhl,

I’ve been posting here there and over there regarding upping the hp on my TPC, Eaton m63, 4.5 P.S.I. set up on my 99 2.5L Box.. As I recall you always had pretty solid horse sense, knowledge & experience …So I’m picking on you

Somewhere I think it was you who said the bottom end of a 2.fL could handle 350 hp or more. It’s my understanding (anecdotally) that most people who overboost these things that blow their motors do so as a result of insufficient cooling at the top end…detonation. (My current analogue AIC cools by running rich and has no timing. Replacement will be programmable for both fuel and timing. I think it will also sport a 750cc/min 7th injector instead of the current 500cc/min (TCP’s current upgrade))

I’ve been doing tons of homework and figure with WI, progressive or better, 270cc/min nozzle, 100/150 psi pump, 20-30% meth., injected right by the opening of “spider” manifold would do it for the cooling (no?)

Pulleying down from 2.6 dia. to 2.5 would put me at about 288 hp (from 260 approx). with the super operating in it safe rpm, zone (14k rpm’s). A 2.4 pulley would put me at about 300hp. But my super would be at 15.3k rpm’s (in a 14k-16k- iffy zone).

Only issue I can see is diminishing returns, the super taking more hp than it can contribute at high revs.

What do you think about my plan?

Regards, PK

P.S. I picked up a EGT (exhaust gas temp) guage an sensord and a wideband