View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 08:49 AM   #8
TimAustinW

Send a message via Yahoo to TimAustinW
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkboxster
Hey, here are some of my opinions,

#1- I think it would look better if you take the boxster logo out of the doors.
#2 lower the 986 emblem on the back of the car
#3 either change all of your headlights to clear not just the sides, of put the orange back on.
#4, is it me or is there a gap on the left taillight
either then that looks good

Thanks for the constructive criticism. I appreciate the honesty.

1..I kinda questioned the boxster logo on the doors myself right after I did it. But it's kinda grown on me. Humara, they are at an angle but the angle matches that of the trim. It might just be the angle of the camera. If I did decide to redo these without the logo I'd have to sand them down and totally repaint them as the decals are under the paint.

2. I adhered the 986 in the exact same position as the original Boxster logo. You still think it would look better lower? What do you guys think about painting the 986 Seal Grey?

3. This is all work in progress. One thing at a time. So as soon as I can get clear headlights I'll do it.

4. lemme check if there's a gap in the tail light....yeah there is, dang. I'll have to take a look at that.

To answer other questions...

yeah, did all the painting myself. got the supplies and paint from expresspaint.com.

the leather...I dunno, personal preference. I always felt there was just too much carpet everywhere inside the boxster. I'd like to keep going with it so the only carpet is on the floor board. When the seats are back the leather between them on the firewall looks a lot better than the carpet...In my opinion. To do any kind of patterns would probably require more advanced upholstery/sewing skills. Not quite there yet in skills. Keeping in mind I've never done any of this kind of stuff before.
02 Seal Grey, NHP Headers w/ Highflow Cats/2ndary Bypass Pipes, smoked side markers/3rd brake light, exterior match interior trim, 986 Lloyds Mats, 986 deck lid emblem, arctic silver intake grills, ipod link, painted calipers, Glass Window Robbins Top with defroster kit, Bose Sound System, Leather lower door panels, Console Lid w embroidered crest; Stainless door sills; Painted Bumperettes; Custom Hood Crest

Last edited by TimAustinW; 01-06-2008 at 09:05 AM.
TimAustinW is offline   Reply With Quote