Thread: AN observation
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2005, 04:39 PM   #15
kajita

something different about Porsche..

i've owned various cars from 94 Supra 2x turbo to 740il. i now drive a 2000 boxster (my 2nd porsche???), 2005 Cayanne S (thats what i mean by ???), and a E500. my 740il was a nightmare. the problems i had on that car still makes me wanna light up a Marlboro Red. from blinkers, a/c, electricals, power seats, transmission, blown gaskets, etc. i did nothing to the supra, it ran like a toyota but after 96K miles, the engine was diagnosed with cancer and had to put it to sleep, sold it for 9K$$.
regarding part costs, my lexus ls430 brake job was $900 for front only, i literally thought the mechanic was joking.
i had my box for less than a year now and i spent about $1000. all on parts, did all the labor myself, but it was all for me, slotted rotors, blue pads, k&n filters, couple newer shinnier interior parts. but thing about the box is that i dont really mind it, i enjoy it, and i think the parts are reasonable on ebay.
anyway, i love the car, i cant stop talking about it, my brother has a 2002 996 but he wants a box now, you'll love it too Nidit.

ps. i LIKE my Cayanne S, its powerful, handles like a champ, but i still feel like i am driving a over price VW. any thoughts? i paid 62K out the door so i got a good deal on it.
kajita is offline   Reply With Quote