Thread: AN observation
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2005, 12:56 PM   #1
nidit

AN observation

Now let me start off by saying that I LOVE Porsche cars and look forward to closing a deal on a boxster soon as you can see by my other thread. One thing bothers me though. It seems if you buy a Honda or Toyota or even a BMW that people DO NO expect to have to fix these cars but yet with Porsches people always say make sure you have a couple thousand dollars stashed just in case you need to fix the car. WHY is that? I love the cars but shouldn't a car with that much prestige and cost associated with buying them be dependable? I realize that some people race them and run them down but not everyone does that. Are the drivetrains on these cars built that poorly? I have NEVER heard anyone refer to a Porsche drive train as bulllet proof. This is a very common phrase used towards say a M3 BMW. I know they are not the same car etc but what are your opinions about this touchy subject. I am just curious. Perhaps I read to much about the complaints of the car as not many write something when its good. I think I need something to give me peace of mine. if and when I buy one I want to be able to enjoy the car and not be scared to death it will break all the time.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to everyones feedback.

Bill
nidit is offline   Reply With Quote