View Single Post
Old 02-02-2005, 04:07 AM   #2
Brucelee

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAH
OK, the car is under warranty for 12 months, but I'd like to know what the problem is likely to be, before it goes back to the dealership.

I tried to lower the roof yesterday evening for the trip home from work, and it didn't like the idea one bit. I unclipped the front, and pressed the button. There was a noise like the normal mechanism, but about 10 times louder, a real grinding sound. Then it just stopped. I got out to see what was wrong, and the rear panel had lifted on one side (the left hand side) about 50mm (2 inches), but on the right hand side, it was still fully down. I pressed the close button on the dash, which closed it all ok, and then I tried again. Exact same thing happened again.

I've spoken to the dealer, and the car will go in probably tomorrow, but I'm worried now. I've had the car only a few weeks, and I'm having 1 or 2 problems. Please tell me that I'm unlucky, and Boxters are usually pretty strong!!

Anyones else experienced this type of roof problem?

Thanks

Paul
I have never experience this exact issue with any of my Boxsters. Top issues can happen but they are normally quickly resolved by a dealer visit. Under warranty, not to worry!

Best of luck with your new Boxster!
Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote