View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 07:35 PM   #5
Perfectlap

No not 100% concentration, that's just wasting product.
quick detailing strength is 6 ounces per gallon of water.

It's a VERY good idea to soak the car before taking a sponge or sheepskin mitt to the paint but rather than spraying it first I would just dunk the sponge and hold it over each panel. That should drench the car pretty well, then you can dunk the sponge again and wipe down the surface.
I'd leave the wheel arches, bumpers and rocker panels for last. Then use a wheel face brush to wipe down the wheels with the left over water.

The leaf blower is the way to go for drying. I think I saw the Craftsman on sale for $40. ONR contains some ingredients that leaves the surface slick when dry. But its a good idea to use ONR in detail strength or your preferred qd spray after drying. Wiping with a qd spary and towel will let you see if the paint is soil free, the towel should come up clean when buffing. If not, you didn't wipe enough or didn't use soak the panel sufficiently.

Good enough for a Ferrari
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-744800996428313622

I think I went three months this summer without having to do a full bucket and hose wash. ONR and an anti-static spray like FK1 425 is a good one-two punch for low maintenance.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 11-26-2007 at 07:39 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote