Thread: Blown Engine
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 06:15 AM   #18
Brucelee

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3000
I totally respect Bruceleee, but I have to say that I disagree. While people may post RMS failures commonly, on this forum. You have to remember that forums are an outlet for people with bad experiences to share there problem with there P-Car, or just talk. There are plenty of Boxster owners that never have been to a forum, and have never had a problem. The Boxster owners who are part of this forum, are a small percentage of the Boxster owners in the world, so you have to take the reports of RMS, out of the hundreds of thousands of Boxsters not just the few hundred active 986forum members.

Good points and I admit my experience may be atypical. We never really have any data on the IMS and RMS failures so we simply go with what we have.

I am not happy with the way Porsche seems to suspect folks who show up with blown motors. My neighbor got the third degree when here new 986 engine blew with 11 k miles on it. She was sort of terrified by the third degree she got.

Seems to me, they could have been apologizing instead. They know that these motors are prone to IMS failures, so why the attitude?

Food for thought.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote