View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 08:21 AM   #18
Allen K. Littlefield

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvhs18472
All I am saying is that in the free USA there are different acceptable actions. In my section people road race but do not talk about using guns "For serious social work " 95% of the people in our section of the country have multiple weapons, but we do not think that statements as such are socially acceptable. It is a matter of culture and not maturity. I just do not understand how you can try and repremand me for talking about road racing but not scold someone who talks about shooting people.

An explanation is in order here. NO ONE is talking about shooting people randomly or other wise. If one has to shoot someone to preserve themselves and their family it needs no apology. No one, including myself, EVER wants to be in the position where a shooting will take place for self defense. I and others would have to live with that horror for the rest of our lives, just ask any combat vet. They live with those horrors forever. I, and I am sure others who have posted, do not want to be in a position where gun play is necessary. The "...serious social work..." comment that I made is black humor that refers to the failed social policies and work that created a predatory monster that the rest of us have to worry about. Policies that may put us in the position to defend our lives is what prompted the comment. Socially acceptable? I suppose that depends on what side of the issue you are on. Carjackings also happen at an increasingly alarming rate therefore the car thread connection.

AKL