Thread: Who Owns Who?
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 10:26 PM   #17
yellowboxster01

VW owned Rolls but, BMW owned the RR logo. Making it impossible for VW to build and sell cars under the Rolls Royce name. In 05' they reached an agreement and BMW owns and produces Rolls now and VW owns and produces Bentley, they claim that's the only one they wanted anyway. BMW supplied most of the later powerplants to Rolls even before owning them.

Porsche bought the controlling stake of VW (30.9%) to avoid it being taken over by foreign investors. Had to keep it's sister company in good hands.

Audi did own Lamborghini but, I'm not sure if they still do. The Gallardo is the first German/Italian built Lamborghini ever. There was alot of animosity towards the Germans for that but, I think they produced one hell of a car that not only looks better than the Murc but, is faster around the track. Germans had to be doing something right. Although there was some shoddy craftmanship issues with the Gallardo at first. My father purchased his straight from Lambo and had major transmission problems, 3 months in two different shops and no one could figure it out. They flew a tech from Italy to Dallas to check out the problem, they finally ended up swapping it with a new transmission and shipping his back to Italy to research what had gone wrong. All covered under warranty though.

Last edited by yellowboxster01; 06-24-2007 at 10:32 PM.
yellowboxster01 is offline   Reply With Quote