View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 04:59 PM   #5
FrayAdjacent

Ooorah devil dog! Thanks for your service!

For #1, the side markers are easily swappable, and clear ones with amber bulbs can be found on Ebay for about $30 for the pair. Or from Suncoast. As for the actual turn signal in the headlight housing... if it has the amber portion at the bottom... you'd have to replace the whole headlight assembly with a clear one. They're not too cheap. OR, you can get a pair of the Litronics (HID) headlights, which are always clear. Unfortunately, neither option is cheap. A set of clear standard headlights can cost $500. The Litronics are usually around $1400, but can sometimes be found for less.

As far as #4, try some of the products recommended and see how it turns out. If it does clear up a bit, clean and maintain it with a product called Plexus. Replacing it might be an option. You'd want to check with some auto upholstery shops. Find ones that specialize in convertible tops and boat covers. They can remove the top and sew in a new window. I've seen estimates from $300-600 for the job.

Replacing the top is not a bad option. You can find replacement tops with glass windows that will work on 97-02 Boxsters for about $700 (ebay 'boxster top', see the tops sold by topsonline). Again, the upholstery shops can do the install. I'd expect $500-700 for labor.

Also a caution, if you stick with the plastic window top for a while, be careful if the outside temperature is lower than 60-70 degrees. The plastic can get brittle and will crack. Especially when putting it in Service Mode. (ask me how I know)

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote