View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 04:03 PM   #3
Boxtaboy
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxNasty

First of all, thanks for serving. I hope you get many years of enjoyment out of your new purchase.

Now, as to your questions:

1. Where would everyone recommend buying clear signals and front turn signal covers? I don't mind using the stock headlights and am just looking for a cleaner look.

- You can get clear side marker lights from Suncoast Motorsports or a number of other retailers, and they are not expensive, but the amber color in your headlights will be tougher to get rid of. Clear headlights new, are almost $1000, and the Xenon (litronic versions) are about $1500, so an easy alternative is to perhaps tint the orange part or paint them. Or you can get the covers for the headlights that are sold on Ebay.

2. I'm going to replace my brake pads on my 26 days of leave (starting Friday, woohoo!). What seems to be the best working pad for the price?

- I replaced my pads with Pagid high performance pads, but many have used others like Hawk or Mintex pads, and love them. You can get them from the Board Sponsors here on this board like Epiq, or a number of other internet retailers.

3. There's a dark plastic cover missing from what looks to be the motion sensor just to the left of where the the soft top's latch hooks in to the windshield. I have the one on the right side. Any ideas on where I could get the left one?

- I'd just try your local Porsche parts dept. to have them order the part for you, or you can check out a local dismantler to see if they might have it.

4. The rear window is very heavily 'fogged'/'scratched'/etc. and I'm looking to replace it when I get the chance. In the mean time, however, is there any 'miracle' cleaner that could restore the vinyl so I can look through it clearly? I don't care how good it looks or anything, I just need to be able to see through it better!

- Try some Meguiars Plastic Cleaner and Polisher. The plastic cleaner will take out the scratches, while the polisher will keep it pliable and shiny. Or you can use Plexus to keep it polished after cleaning the scratches.

http://www.carcareonline.com/detail.asp?product_id=10538

The Lance Criminal
Enjoy your Boxster!!

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote