View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 03:39 PM   #1
BoxNasty

Coupla' Questions from a young Jarhead

986 Forum members,
Hello from Camp Lejeune, NC. I just got back from the big sandbox last week and bought my dream car, a 1999 Porsche Boxster (black) as a welcome home present to myself.

It's been a pleasure to drive; it's surely the best-riding vehicle I've ever been in and does not disappoint in any way. I just have a few questions on some parts:

1. Where would everyone recommend buying clear signals and front turn signal covers? I don't mind using the stock headlights and am just looking for a cleaner look.

2. I'm going to replace my brake pads on my 26 days of leave (starting Friday, woohoo!). What seems to be the best working pad for the price?

3. There's a dark plastic cover missing from what looks to be the motion sensor just to the left of where the the soft top's latch hooks in to the windshield. I have the one on the right side. Any ideas on where I could get the left one?

4. The rear window is very heavily 'fogged'/'scratched'/etc. and I'm looking to replace it when I get the chance. In the mean time, however, is there any 'miracle' cleaner that could restore the vinyl so I can look through it clearly? I don't care how good it looks or anything, I just need to be able to see through it better!

Thanks for the help, fellow Boxster owners.

The Lance Criminal
BoxNasty is offline   Reply With Quote