Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Site Assistance or feedback here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2019, 08:38 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markt213 View Post
Is this fixed I also can’t upload from my iPad?
Thanks
Dont know if its fixed but the issue results from the file format. You can download a file converter from the apple to jpeg for example.

Old 03-25-2019, 07:42 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningr View Post
Dont know if its fixed but the issue results from the file format. You can download a file converter from the apple to jpeg for example.
I’ve tried four different iPad file converters, none of the HEIC files converted to jpeg will upload to any Pelican board unless I use Tapatalk. No problems on any other board. This issue has existed for at least a year now. Pelican needs to fix their upload interface.
#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice
Oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 04:29 PM   #23
More of a truck guy

I guess IPhones and their photos are an oddity

So, can someone PLEASE explain WHY in the heck, one of the most common ways to take photos, is not an accepted format or methodology of uploading photos to this forum????? Are IPhones that odd of a phone that someone thinks they are a fad???

We shouldn’t have to do gymnastics or convert files, WHEN THEY ARE RIGHT THERE ON OUR PHONES. Every other forum I use, both Porsche and non Porsche related, make uploading photos from an iPad/iPhone seamless. Easy!!!

I would love to participate more with postings and provide feedback with photos, but don’t because of the hassle of doing a secret handshake to upload a photo taken with my iPhone. Might as well as get out my Kodak 110 camera, take pictures, develop them and then scan them for uploading via my PC, hooked to my scanner.

Let’s get with the times and make it as easy as possible to upload, for the betterment of this forum.

Anybody want to see what happens when a piece of chain rail breaks off and gets lodged in the scavenger sprocket? Have a great thread planned on rebuilding a 2.7 head, with LOTS of pictures. But........
Old 07-15-2019, 11:12 PM   #24
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT79Bronco View Post
So, can someone PLEASE explain WHY in the heck, one of the most common ways to take photos, is not an accepted format or methodology of uploading photos to this forum????? Are IPhones that odd of a phone that someone thinks they are a fad???

We shouldn’t have to do gymnastics or convert files, WHEN THEY ARE RIGHT THERE ON OUR PHONES. Every other forum I use, both Porsche and non Porsche related, make uploading photos from an iPad/iPhone seamless. Easy!!!

I would love to participate more with postings and provide feedback with photos, but don’t because of the hassle of doing a secret handshake to upload a photo taken with my iPhone. Might as well as get out my Kodak 110 camera, take pictures, develop them and then scan them for uploading via my PC, hooked to my scanner.

Let’s get with the times and make it as easy as possible to upload, for the betterment of this forum.

Anybody want to see what happens when a piece of chain rail breaks off and gets lodged in the scavenger sprocket? Have a great thread planned on rebuilding a 2.7 head, with LOTS of pictures. But........
Are you trying to upload from the mobile site or full site?
Have you tried both upload methods shown in my screenshot below?

For reference, I just took, edited and uploaded this screenshot with an iPhone 6s on the full site using the upload option that the lower arrow is pointing to:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 522075D6-75E9-45FF-9CF3-8CF42FE3B353.jpg (142.3 KB, 39 views)
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 01:24 PM   #25
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Well, after putting it off for a couple years, I finally downloaded the latest iOS (12.4)...

Now I can’t upload pictures through either method.
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 01:34 PM   #26

i move the pics from my photo library to a OneDrive directory on my iDevice then upload from there no problem.
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 12:35 PM   #27

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
Well, after putting it off for a couple years, I finally downloaded the latest iOS (12.4)...

Now I can’t upload pictures through either method.
“Welcome to the party, pal” - I’d upload the Die Hard meme - but I can’t on this forum platform. I have no problem uploading pics from my iPad on other forum platforms.
Seems like an easy fix for the forum owners - shouldn’t have to use a 3rd party download or app to post pictures.

2004 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition, #1541,Tip, TechnoFix DOF IMSB upgrade
SC-986 is offline   Reply With Quote