Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2007, 12:58 PM   #1

Upgrades to date

Since acquiring my Boxster last summer, here is a list of the upgrades, mods, and mishaps I have done to date, in chronological order!

99 Arctic Silver Tiptronic Boxster with 72k on clock.

Upgrades / Mods

1.Pirelli P Zero Rosso Tyres (€1100)
2.Replace dated Cassette storage unit with CD storage unit (€85)
3.Replace crappy blauplunkt CD / Radio with Bluetooth Pioneer CD Hands free unit (€400)
4.Ipod Modification ( unit behind CD storage unit , cable runs to centre console box, ipod velcro-ed to side to centre console unit and controlled by head unit ) (€160)
5. 60GB Ipod (€360)
6. Remove and spray paint calipers red (€20 DIY )
7. PORSCHE decals for calipers ( should stay on 2-3 years ) (€8)
8. Clear 3rd Brake Light from www.porscheshop.co.uk (€110)
9. Clear side repeaters / amber bulbs (€65)
10. Road Angel+ (€430)
11. Garmin Nuvi GPS Sat nav (€360) (sits in front of Shifter, 'suckered' to underside of lower storage cubby
12. Rear Clear light upgrade (€267)
13. De-snorkeled my Boxster! Even though it rains here allllll the time.
14. Polished my Oval SS tailpipe to mirror finish with Dremel tool and polishing kit.

Mishaps:

1. Scraped front bumper on gate, €1100 paint job
2. Knocked front RHS rad on kerb, leaking coolant, tried to stem with rad seal. big mistake. (€1200 for new rad, but air intake improved / cleared, lots more power! )
3. Rad seal eventually siezed water pump, wheel to waterpump sheared off, polyrib belt flies off, lost all systems and managed to stop car before brakes / steering / oilpump / alternator finished me off. ( Repaired under 6 month dealer warranty )
4. Oh! Had to call round to Garage to reset brake lining light after 2 spin off's during track day.

Things I want to get!!!!

1. Front lamp clear upgrade ( was told litronic wouldnt work, because car isnt wired for it. ) €630 approx
2. White Speedo Dials w/ aluminium trim. €200 approx
3. 3-spoke tiptronic wheel to replace old 4 spoke one. €1200 / w airbag re-fitted
4. Aluminium handbrake / silver 'S' shiftgate. €220

5. A Boxster S with everything Ive DIY'ed on the car to upgrade already done! €42,000

6. A 911 before Im 40! (Im 34). Just like the one that overtook me on track day in the photo below!! €130,000

I will post better photos of it in the next week or so.

Still having the 'Pod racer' noise coming from rear wheels, tried everything suggested on thread ( thanks guys! ) but I reckon its rear bearings. Going to keep her going for another 3-4k untill next service is due, if I can!!! Is this bad for the car?

And finally,

What upgrades mods have you guys made so far? (especially guys with early 986's like mine )

G

Dublin, Ireland
:dance:

Last edited by gdwyer; 02-12-2007 at 01:23 PM.
gdwyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 04:16 AM   #2

Looks good man. I love the pic with the 996TT too.

But what is so important about driving faster than anyone else?
Lots of people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well.
When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.
Porschekid is offline   Reply With Quote