View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 12:58 PM   #1
gdwyer

Upgrades to date

Since acquiring my Boxster last summer, here is a list of the upgrades, mods, and mishaps I have done to date, in chronological order!

99 Arctic Silver Tiptronic Boxster with 72k on clock.

Upgrades / Mods

1.Pirelli P Zero Rosso Tyres (€1100)
2.Replace dated Cassette storage unit with CD storage unit (€85)
3.Replace crappy blauplunkt CD / Radio with Bluetooth Pioneer CD Hands free unit (€400)
4.Ipod Modification ( unit behind CD storage unit , cable runs to centre console box, ipod velcro-ed to side to centre console unit and controlled by head unit ) (€160)
5. 60GB Ipod (€360)
6. Remove and spray paint calipers red (€20 DIY )
7. PORSCHE decals for calipers ( should stay on 2-3 years ) (€8)
8. Clear 3rd Brake Light from www.porscheshop.co.uk (€110)
9. Clear side repeaters / amber bulbs (€65)
10. Road Angel+ (€430)
11. Garmin Nuvi GPS Sat nav (€360) (sits in front of Shifter, 'suckered' to underside of lower storage cubby
12. Rear Clear light upgrade (€267)
13. De-snorkeled my Boxster! Even though it rains here allllll the time.
14. Polished my Oval SS tailpipe to mirror finish with Dremel tool and polishing kit.

Mishaps:

1. Scraped front bumper on gate, €1100 paint job
2. Knocked front RHS rad on kerb, leaking coolant, tried to stem with rad seal. big mistake. (€1200 for new rad, but air intake improved / cleared, lots more power! )
3. Rad seal eventually siezed water pump, wheel to waterpump sheared off, polyrib belt flies off, lost all systems and managed to stop car before brakes / steering / oilpump / alternator finished me off. ( Repaired under 6 month dealer warranty )
4. Oh! Had to call round to Garage to reset brake lining light after 2 spin off's during track day.

Things I want to get!!!!

1. Front lamp clear upgrade ( was told litronic wouldnt work, because car isnt wired for it. ) €630 approx
2. White Speedo Dials w/ aluminium trim. €200 approx
3. 3-spoke tiptronic wheel to replace old 4 spoke one. €1200 / w airbag re-fitted
4. Aluminium handbrake / silver 'S' shiftgate. €220

5. A Boxster S with everything Ive DIY'ed on the car to upgrade already done! €42,000

6. A 911 before Im 40! (Im 34). Just like the one that overtook me on track day in the photo below!! €130,000

I will post better photos of it in the next week or so.

Still having the 'Pod racer' noise coming from rear wheels, tried everything suggested on thread ( thanks guys! ) but I reckon its rear bearings. Going to keep her going for another 3-4k untill next service is due, if I can!!! Is this bad for the car?

And finally,

What upgrades mods have you guys made so far? (especially guys with early 986's like mine )

G

Dublin, Ireland
:dance:

Last edited by gdwyer; 02-12-2007 at 01:23 PM.
gdwyer is offline   Reply With Quote