Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2006, 07:43 AM   #41

I wouldn't change one single bit on mine -- love it just the way it is. But what I like more is the freedom for everyone to do whatever they like to their cars, and the freedom of others to say if they like it or not. Makes life so much more interesting. If I was to change anything on my car, it would only be because it made ME like it more -- woudn't give a jack crap what anyone else thought of it. But that's just me...
Z.

Old 08-28-2006, 06:20 AM   #42

modding the exterior of Pcars is great. I always seem to think that the process from concept to production seems to always result in creative attrition. Due to practicality, cost and safety, etc. Modding is a way of getting back to those more ambitious sketches. I always find that showroom cars (under $100K) have been vanilla'd substantially. Smaller, blander wheels, less aero treatment, more spartan in the interior department.

As for Performance mods you can't beat a top notch set of rubber. That doesn't mean spending the most possible because as with everything, Asia makes some great alternatives for allot less money giving up only the tiniest of margins that the average driver would never miss.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:27 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
As for Performance mods you can't beat a top notch set of rubber. That doesn't mean spending the most possible because as with everything, Asia makes some great alternatives for allot less money giving up only the tiniest of margins that the average driver would never miss.

I would have to agree with you there, Perfectlap. I will say, though, that though many of us love the squiggly lines, there is still a large crowd interested in straight-line performance. Personally, I'm into both... as for the Boxster? I've never thought "wow, this car needs better handling..." so much as I have "wow, I'd like a little more grunt on these boring straight line squirts". Just my $0.02, as around my area it would be unsafe to handle the car any better than it already will!

Racer-x is offline   Reply With Quote