986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Show and Tell Gallery (http://986forum.com/forums/show-tell-gallery/)
-   -   Rant of aftermaker body kits for the boxster (http://986forum.com/forums/show-tell-gallery/6425-rant-aftermaker-body-kits-boxster.html)

porscheracer 06-13-2006 10:22 AM

Rant of aftermaker body kits for the boxster

i hate body kits that try to look like mini 996 turbo.
i hate aftermarket add on spoilers because it ruins my boxster sexy ass. how many spoilers do you need? 2 !?
i hate boxster humps! goodbye smooth curvy lines and hello gap.
19 inch chrome wheels on a boxster! it makes no sense.
add on rear speakers...listen to the engine is pure bliss

be proud of your ride and for christ sake don't pimp your ride!

be :cool:

arcticnorth 06-13-2006 11:58 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i love body kits .
i love aftermarket add on spoilers because it makes my boxster sexy . iloveboxster humps! hello smooth curvy lines and hello gap.
19 inch chrome wheels on a boxster! ya baby.
add on rear speakers...listen to the music pure bliss

be proud of your ride and make your porsche your own. be original.

to each there own.
everyone has different opinions.do what you want. :cheers:

KronixSpeed 06-13-2006 12:02 PM

in my opinion the boxster needed a bit of work to look like a real sports car.

must change the rear spoiler, the factory one is ugly n really dumb looking when up. the after market spoiler lip like the cayman helps the rear look more sporty.

must put 19 inch rims to make the car look like a hundred thousand dollar car. by just changing those ugly factory rims, i have had so many people think that the car is over $75,000. chrome is pimpin, simple nice 5 star rims are a must.

bumperettes do have to go, or painted.

lowering the car with one inch springs makes a hell of a difference of the over all look. has nothing to do with pimpin

side skirts are a must, the car looks too old fashion with out side skirts. nothing to do with pimpin.

front turbo bumper is sooooo nice, how can you say that it is a fake mini turbo. the vents are huge on the front and make the car look so mean. i personally would put the gt3 front bumper that is very simple and classy. very sporty.

i dont think its about not being proud.....personalizing the vechicle is not pimping the ride.

the boxster when done up right has the ability to look like a hundred thousand dollar car.

i know my car gets more head turns then most 911 drivers will ever get.

n simple lower the car, 19 inch 5 star rims, rear spoiler change, side skirts, and a new front bumper = super car status.

factory porsche boxsters before 2004 with no modifications = old fashion $50,000 car.

BuffaloBoxster 06-13-2006 12:06 PM

Looks are nothing. Driving and performance are everything.

KronixSpeed 06-13-2006 12:07 PM

ohh n tints look really good on the boxster.............n side skirts get put on this fridayyyyyy yaaaa.

rctboxsters 06-13-2006 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuffaloBoxster
Looks are nothing. Driving and performance are everything.

But there is nothing wrong when you can have both at once!

:cheers:

Marc Gelefsky 06-13-2006 12:57 PM

Now THIS is a worthless thread...
People can do whatever they want to their own cars... who cares.

You may not like it but since it's not your car you dont have to.
Are you 12?

Grizzly 06-13-2006 01:10 PM

Whew! Any doctors in the house? Somebody may need a Vallum. :eek:

bmussatti 06-13-2006 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzly
Whew! Any doctors in the house? Porscheracer may need a Vallum. :eek:

Where's Dr. Mach Schnell when you need him!

Y2BOX 06-13-2006 01:34 PM

I like seeing what others do with their cars, and when they do a good job I appreciate it....however I'm keeping mine free from spoilers.....love the smooth original looks.....

KronixSpeed 06-13-2006 01:48 PM

i swear porscheracer you were looking for anyting RUF.......thats pimp....

i think you have the term pimp wrongggg.....if i put anything on my car from ruf, that would be pimp.

"I like to buy Ruf 18inch wheels for a 2000 Boxster S.
anything ruf..." (porscheracer)

seeeu

porscheracer 06-14-2006 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KronixSpeed
i swear porscheracer you were looking for anyting RUF.......thats pimp....

i think you have the term pimp wrongggg.....if i put anything on my car from ruf, that would be pimp.

"I like to buy Ruf 18inch wheels for a 2000 Boxster S.
anything ruf..." (porscheracer)

seeeu

Ruf is ok and you may upgrade with Ruf.

Porsche spent millions on R & D. So go ahead buy your ugly carbon fiber hood and mini Turbo tale. while your at it put a fish tank in the trunk and a couple of LCD on the headrest.

Don't be mock on the track!

:troll:

KronixSpeed 06-14-2006 06:48 AM

this is pimp....turbo 986.....if i had this kinda money, this is exactly what i would do. check this link...........

http://www.stuttgart.co.uk/986t-look/986t_look1.html

sweeet boxster turbo

Grizzly 06-14-2006 08:23 AM

Important Information

QUOTE:

"Ruf is ok and you may upgrade with Ruf. " - porscheracer

Gather 'round everybody! This is extremely important!

From this day forward, Porscheracer will review and approve all styling enhancements and upgrades for all Porsche vehicles. Please do not select, purchase, add or subtract anything from your vehicle without prior written approval of Porscheracer. He has been granted sole authority to dictate Porsche etiquette. Anyone found violating what will be known henceforth as "Porscheracer Law" will have their vehicle confiscated, stripped and burnt.

Should you have questions or require further information, please contact Porscheracer directly.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

rctboxsters 06-14-2006 09:58 AM

Quote:

QUOTE:

"Ruf is ok and you may upgrade with Ruf. " - porscheracer

Gather 'round everybody! This is extremely important!

From this day forward, Porscheracer will review and approve all styling enhancements and upgrades for all Porsche vehicles. Please do not select, purchase, add or subtract anything from your vehicle without prior written approval of Porscheracer. He has been granted sole authority to dictate Porsche etiquette. Anyone found violating what will be known henceforth as "Porscheracer Law" will have their vehicle confiscated, stripped and burnt.

Should you have questions or require further information, please contact Porscheracer directly.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

So should I take apart my car right now and submit all the info to Porscheracer for approval?
:D

Grizzly 06-14-2006 11:18 AM

Too Late! Grab a fire extinguisher!!! :eek:

Y2BOX 06-14-2006 12:47 PM

I hear and understand!!!

But actually i'm with porscheracer!!

Chuck out ya speedhumps....long live the king!!!!

Grizzly 06-14-2006 01:41 PM

You know Y2BOX, I'm not so sure that I like the humps myself. My wife thinks they're great. Here are some without. Better right?...everything else stays!

Y2BOX 06-15-2006 12:00 AM

Yep, I prefer the car without.....but its a bit like the hard top, its great to be able to totally change the look of your car and be able to change it back. Keep the humps and you me and your wife will all be happy!! :cheers:

porscheracer 06-15-2006 07:27 AM

Quote:

You know Y2BOX, I'm not so sure that I like the humps myself. My wife thinks they're great. Here are some without. Better right?...everything else stays!

Your wife's Boxster is better without the humps but whats up with the tounge sticking out from the back?

ps. do you have a pic of your wife next to the Boxster? ;)