Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2006, 06:23 PM   #1

wudda you think?turbokit, 19's, h&r's,

just got my 99 boxster all done and back from the shop. Just wanted to post (+ show off a little, hahah) and see what you guys think. Put the 911 turbo kit from precision porsche, skirts, and speedster cover. hr springs on stock shocks. tail was from some place on ebay, wheels are 275/30/19 f and 235/35/19's oem knock off's, (also ebay) Overall, i think i invested about 5k for kit and rims and install and paint. BTW i just got back from track day at thunder hill, and man this is where this bad boy belongs, on the track, drinking up 97 octane, tires screatching.
[center] [center] [center] [center] [center] [center]

tony2fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 06:35 PM   #2

Nice ride! I especially like the way you de-ambered with matching silver paint on the headlamps. What exactly did you do on the center dash with the cup holders? I see they are not straight across from one another...
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 06:44 PM   #3

that my friend, was the evidence of a starbucks hazelnut late, double shot, extra hot. hahaha, actually, i just left one cup holder extended and one retracted. Good eye, though. but honestly, all that money i spent my car, the best money i ever spent was not on wheels or bodykit, it would have to be on those $100 stock cup holders. you have no idea how much starbucks and red bull i have spilled on the carpet.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:57 PM   #4

i really like the wheels, will 19" fit a 98? what size lip are on those wheels? i would love to get a set for mine soon.
hdpt73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 07:10 PM   #5

Hey T2F!
There is another Thunderhill event in July! Hope to see you there! I went to the last one and it was great! Though I didn't have my Boxster there we did have my Bro's SVT Focus and my Bosses GT3. Not a ton of cars at the Unlimited laps events. So that means lots of track time!
http://www.unlimitedlaps.com/eventdetails/20060707.html
EVOMS Intake
Glass rear window
velvet_jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 07:40 PM   #6

hdpt73, i think their 2.5 in the front, 3 inches in the back. I think i paid a total shipped for them around $2200, from florida. I found the guy on ebay, but called them and just charged it on my card so he gave me a pretty good discount for not going through ebay and their fee's. If i were you though, buy just the rims alone and have buy tires from tire rack. Have them mounted and ballanced localy. You'll save yourself money and headache. when i got mine in all the stick on wieghts fell off. I cant remember the offset, but it was a pretty standard # for boxster, 51's and 47's or something like that. It should fit no problem on a 98, i dont think their is a change on the body. From what i read on this forum before when i was doing reserch on offset and rim size, you might run into a clearance problem with my: 97, but mine is a 99 and even with over sized rims, and oversized tires, and lowering the entire car by 1.5 inches with the h&r's, i have never experienced rub or clearance problems. only thing im not liking much right now is how low the car is overall with the body kit on. Its literaly 3 inches off the ground, lucky the kit comes with a replaceable front lip.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:03 AM   #7

I think you should debadge it to enhance the exotic "what was that car?"- factor as you drive by (especially living in LA). It no longer looks like a 986....it looks like a .... something else. Nice job !

06 987S- Sold
Carrara White / Black / Black/Stone Grey Two-tone

05 987 5-speed - Sold
Midnight Blue Metallic / Metropol Blue / Sand Beige

06 MB SLK350- Lease escapee
Iridium Silver Metallic / Black

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. - Robert Wilensky
SD987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 03:44 PM   #8

"Late for a date" Clever!

Now you need some track VIDEO to share with us. At least some audio clips of your turbo'd engine.

It looks pretty sharp. I love silver. But all that money, and you're still rollin' with halogens?

What's the process of removing the speedster humps like? Fast? Easy?
2000 Porsche Boxster | SOLD | http://www.986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9114

http://www.kryzak.com/storage/986sig12.jpg

http://kryzak.tumblr.com
Jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 09:12 PM   #9

sd987,
funny that you mentioned i should debadge it, since the original "boxster" emblem in the back actually fell apart and i ordered a new chrome one to replace it. Personally, i prefer original porsche parts or at the very least, something that looked like it could be available from the dealer, hence the knock off's oem wheels, and knockoff speedster humps, that was also one of my deciding factors for the 911 turbo look bumper, (instead of some of the more flamboyant kits avaiable) yes i know its kind of a stretch that you can get a boxster trubo from the dealer, but still, its almost is close enough for my taste. I guess to eveyone their owne, but i do understand where you would like a bit of "wut the heck was that that just drove by" looks from passer by's. thanks for the compiments.

jeph,
its all for "sho" (show) man.(hence he post it in the "show and tell" forum) if you couldnt tell by the plates, this car is just basicaly to impress the ladies and the occational track day. no engine mods, no performance chip, just the turbo look, no actual turbo's underneeth. some people think that you can drive a porsche then you have an unlimited budget to spend on upgrades, but as for me, i have a hard enough time keeping up on the maintainance and oil changes. You say "all that money and still halogens" but tell you the truth, i probably spent less than 23k on this car to date. 17.5 for the car stock @ 65k miles and 5500 in upgrades so another 1300 for lintronics was a bit frivilous for me, but i agree, they are nice. I'll try to take some videos next time, but when i was there, it was my first time on any track and it was hard enough for me to keep my undies unsoiled, much less have any time to take videos. hahah

my: 1999 boxster 5sp
precisionporsche turbo kit
precisionporsche sideskirts
precisionporsche speedster humps
schenell short shift
986 cupholders
hr 1.5" f/r springs
oem knock off's 19's
235/35f 275/30r
rear spoiler
body color bumper/headlights/bar inserts
kicker 10" L7 sub/fosgate mono 300w amp
kn airfilter/desnorkled intake

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1.../CIMG01951.jpg
Old 05-31-2006, 09:23 PM   #10

speedster humps

totally forgot you asked about the humps. I have the precision prosche ones, so they are not oem, and i honestly do not know how they attach with the oem system, but i have seen pictures of the attach points and it seems similar to the hardtop mount points. The ones i have, i just slide them back untill they lock under the convertible cover, and velcro the pointed ends onto the safty belt guides. It is a pain in the @$$ but hey, they were like $500 or something, compared to 1600 + for oem ones. also, if you do get these humps, remember remember remember to take the humps off before you put the tops back up unless you want to turn a two piece top turn into a four or more piece top. i think there should be a switch for the hardtop/oem speedster hump that trips and doesnt allow the top to go back up when the humps are in place, but it doesnt come with the humps i got.

my: 1999 boxster 5sp
precisionporsche turbo kit
precisionporsche sideskirts
precisionporsche speedster humps
schenell short shift
986 cupholders
hr 1.5" f/r springs
oem knock off's 19's
235/35f 275/30r
rear spoiler
body color bumper/headlights/bar inserts
kicker 10" L7 sub/fosgate mono 300w amp
kn airfilter/desnorkled intake

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1.../CIMG01951.jpg
Old 06-01-2006, 12:00 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony2fingers
i think there should be a switch for the hardtop/oem speedster hump that trips and doesnt allow the top to go back up when the humps are in place...
This oughta do the trick.
98Boxster98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 08:36 AM   #12

Not a fan of the mesh... I would've tried to get original grills. But it looks hot otherwise.

BTW: Who's EVO is that?
But what is so important about driving faster than anyone else?
Lots of people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well.
When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.
Porschekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 09:13 AM   #13

tony2fingers

I really like your ride. Looks great! I have the same bumper from precision porsche, but with a C4S lip. The lip is all banged up and I didn't even lower my car! Can you go over speed bumps at all? I was thinking about the MO30 suspension and it lowers the car by 1/2 inch. Just wondering how the turbo lip is holding up on a day to day basis with a lowered car.
Factory side skirts
18" turbo look wheels
Painted roll bars and centre console
Alumimum shifter and handbrakes
Litronic lights
B&M short shifter
Evo air intake
Turbo look bumper with C4S lip
Borla muffler
2nd Cat bypass pipes
nastyboxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 03:15 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastyboxster
I was thinking about the MO30 suspension and it lowers the car by 1/2 inch. Just wondering how the turbo lip is holding up on a day to day basis with a lowered car.
M030 will lower your car by 1" up front and 1/2" in back. i have a gt3 nose, and total clearance is just shy of 4". you have to be CAREFUL w/ this combo, but the M030 is unreal.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/KMTGPR-1.jpg
insite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 12:55 PM   #15

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
I think you should paint the mesh grilles on your bumper to BLACK. makes it look more factory authentic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony2fingers
just got my 99 boxster all done and back from the shop. Just wanted to post (+ show off a little, hahah) and see what you guys think. Put the 911 turbo kit from precision porsche, skirts, and speedster cover. hr springs on stock shocks. tail was from some place on ebay, wheels are 275/30/19 f and 235/35/19's oem knock off's, (also ebay) Overall, i think i invested about 5k for kit and rims and install and paint. BTW i just got back from track day at thunder hill, and man this is where this bad boy belongs, on the track, drinking up 97 octane, tires screatching.
[center] [center] [center] [center] [center] [center]

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 06:36 AM   #16

the fast look is there, now lets work on the inner appeal.
rufio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 10:55 PM   #17

Nice ride!

I'm thinking of getting the same turbo bumper from Precision Porsche. Can you tell me how was the fit? Did you have to remove the old bumper or does it go over it?
Old 05-28-2007, 04:39 AM   #18

S-weeeat!! Man you did a great job with your 99.
Couper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 01:19 PM   #19

tony2fingers,

Are you in Alhambra/Monterery Park area?