Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013, 07:40 PM   #1

Garage
Trip Up the Mountain to Big Bear

After 1 year of having my 986, we finally took her out for a trip up to Big Bear from Los Angeles. It was a beautiful weekend, low 70s, to go with the top down and the sun out. Winding mountain roads were a blast, was glad we didn't get stuck behind too many slow moving vehicles, did see a bit of a difference at 6-7K feet elevation though.

drew44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:01 AM   #2

Garage
Curious what type of difference you saw. The top elevation we have here in Florida is about 27 feet, so just curious.

On the flip side, I sure miss living in California. Driving PCH, Ortega Highway, Highway 46.... Just nothing like that here

Ka is a wheel, and everything is 19
Coffinhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:24 AM   #3

Wow, I miss lake, I used to live down there in SoCal and loved it up Big Bear. Is the Mongolian BBQ still in the old Swiss Chalet looking place across from the Fire Station?
Slate 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:15 PM   #4

Damn Drew, start a post and then abandon it, damn!
Old 10-05-2013, 07:56 AM   #5

Garage
Hey guys..sorry for not getting back sooner..almost forgot i posted this...lol
Coffin..it is a beautiful ride up the mountain..seems like with the thinner air she was "gasping" a bit, did not really have that punch at higher RPM. Sounds like it might be time for you to come back and visit and take those highway drives again. I assume you must have some good roads in FL.
Slate..sorry for leaving ya hanging...Big Bear is beautiful..hope you get to come back down and visit again. Did not see the Mongolian place, I think they closed up a while ago. Some new places there and some old places moved..dont know if you remember Chads Place in the village..they moved out to the old IHOP just on the other side of the village.
drew44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #6

Thanks for the update, I used to love to go up there for some food and a break from the sewer-rat race. No mongolian, that's a damn shame, I probably put them out of business with the amount of grub I consumed, as it was all you could eat type set up.

I do remember Chad's, that's wrong moving into an old IHOP.