Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2011, 08:49 AM   #1
Certified Boxster Addict

A Few Track Day Pics...

Here are a few track day pics from the past few months. If you've never taken your car to the track, I'd really recommend it - nothing more fun than driving your Boxster the way it was meant to be driven! This set of pic's are from Willow Springs Big Track and Streets of Willow.

1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:11 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thstone

Super pictures, particularly like the one showing your lovely ambers. A reminder just how ridiculously pretty the 986 Boxster is. One day, people will realise just how gorgeous the 986 is.

ALso a reminder that silver is the colour for a 986. Love my guards 986, but silver is definitive.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:37 PM   #3
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
Great pics, I really would like to track mine some day. There aren't many places around here that aren't a good drive away. Would be nice to get a higher mileage non-show car too do it. I'm still thinking of getting one that my son and I could track. He loves cars and it would be great to do this together.
WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 08:24 PM   #4
Track rat

Garage
Nice pics Thomas. I hope to see you on the track some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipE350
Great pics, I really would like to track mine some day. There aren't many places around here that aren't a good drive away. Would be nice to get a higher mileage non-show car too do it. I'm still thinking of getting one that my son and I could track. He loves cars and it would be great to do this together.
VIR is pretty close to you. Take your son on a day trip there next time PCA is running. Usually you can run lunchtime laps at reduced speed to get a good look. Some clubs offer a taste of the track and put you in a car with a very experienced driver for a few laps at speed.

Warning: Track days are extremely addictive!
Old 07-09-2011, 01:06 PM   #5
Certified Boxster Addict

Anyone in the SoCal area who wanted to try a track day is invited to drive with the Porsche Owners Club (www.porscheclub.com) on July 30/31 at the Pomona Fairgrounds (very close by and its a real road course, not cones in a parking lot - I was hitting 105mph on the back straight in my stock 2.5L in March).

Very affordable. $150 for the day or $265 for the weekend. All you need is an approved helmet, long sleeve shirt, pants, and closed toe shoes (tennis shoes are fine). No fire suit, roll cage, extinguisher, etc is required for driver ed (known as PDS) so you don't have to modify your street car. FREE highly experienced instuctors are provided by the club to teach you the proper driving technique, racing line, and track safety.

This is how I got started in January and now I'm addicted!
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor

Last edited by thstone; 07-09-2011 at 01:10 PM.
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 02:41 PM   #6
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
Thanks guys, ya I had a feeling it is addictive. Little less then 3 hour drive from Charlotte, not too bad.

WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote