Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2010, 03:38 AM   #1

GAHH on - finally

so i finally got around to putting the gahh top on that i got for christmas '09. took it to NJ to peter serbanica in chatham (stan's auto top). good experience and i think he did a great job. highly recommend him.

first a couple of pics:

he noted that the plastic window had been replaced in 2003 ( i had no idea! ) and apparently the previous installer had completely skipped the middle bow which is why i had so much wind and rattle noise when going down the highway. i have to say the car is a lot quieter now. i had the acoustic top which does make a difference. peter had to replace a couple of the plastic pieces and ended up oiling the mechanism for me.

now i have to wait a couple of weeks before opening it - pure torture i tell you! - so the material can stretch.

Old 11-01-2010, 06:42 AM   #2
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
The top looks great (and car too)! It is nice not having to worry about the plastic window and having the electric defroster function is fantastic. Best of luck with it.

ddb
ddb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:23 PM   #3

What pollish do you use, your car looks incredible!
Sam
sparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:51 AM   #4

it's called "lucky shot, the sun was in just the right spot" because the car is in need of a polish quite badly. it's dusty and has quite a few swirlies.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:10 PM   #5

Let us know what the maintenance access is like to the engine bay. I've heard so many stories that it's compromised by the glass window.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:45 PM   #6

the view from the mirror is quite limited, sometimes i think it makes the review mirror almost useless. but i'm learning to deal.

Old 11-05-2010, 03:13 PM   #7

Hmmm, so that's what my car will look like when I get a new GAHH glass window top on it!

Pity I live too far away for Peter to do my top. I've come to trust him with all the tops he's put on forum member's cars.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:08 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
Pity I live too far away for Peter to do my top. I've come to trust him with all the tops he's put on forum member's cars.
road trip!!

seriously, that's why i picked him. there are shops closer that do it, but after reading and hearing about him it was a no-brainer for me.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:39 PM   #9

the rear window looks funny compared to the factory 03 04 tops
jacabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:24 AM   #10

Hi,
I just had a GAHH top with window installed on my 02 S. Love the look, am really dissapointed in lack of engine access. Anyone here have any tips on how to improve access with the GAHH top?
Thanks,
Steve
steve44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:36 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacabean
the rear window looks funny compared to the factory 03 04 tops
Yeah, side by side it looks a lot shorter. But not having to get out and chop the plastic window in half or worrying about the outside temp when raising or lowering the top far outweighs the difference in appearance or size of the window.

Tony and Steve: Have either of you attempted to remove and re-insert your air filter since that's about all the top engine stuff I've ever done on my car?

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 01-01-2011 at 06:40 PM.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:39 AM   #12

Hi Randall,
As of now, unless I can figure a way to improve access, I will not be able to change air filter. I am going to buy a couple of bungee cords which I think will raise the glass another 3-5 inches. At that point, maybe I can get to the air filter.
I have written a note to GAHH, and am going to call them Monday to see what they recommend. Will keep everyone posted. Also, I would love to hear from anyone else with the window GAHH replacement top on a 97-02.
Thanks!
Steve

steve44 is offline   Reply With Quote