Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2010, 05:01 AM   #21

not trying to hijack your thread

but your PM's are full, I was reading your mods and just wanted to know what kind of performance this one added for you? ****** "I also put in a cayman 3.4L 75mm throttle body with IPD plenum and Intake"

LB

Old 07-15-2010, 05:36 AM   #22

Thumbs up on the mods....

Old Hippie Young Heart
2000 S/3.2 Liter/Tiptronic/Boxster S Sport Package/Cruise Control/Slate Grey Metallic
Red Special Leather Interior/Red Floor Mats/Red Hand Painted Instrument Dials/Roll Bar/Windstop
Small Carbon Package/Leather Wrap Carbon Wheel/Center Console Exterior Color/Alum Carbon Shift Knob
AM/FM Radio w/CD Player & Changer/Digital Sound Package/18" Turbo Wheels/Wheel Caps w/Colored Crest
jcb986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:00 AM   #23

I am doing a 03 facelift on my 97 and just got the bumpers back this morning from paint.

Question do you have any pics of the 550 spyder rear bumper grille? I didn't realize the standard '03 had a grille or is this something exclusive to the spyder?
GTA_G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:56 AM   #24

Wow it looks great. I want to chang my back bumper now.

I should have never started looking in this site. Now i'm being tempted by mess with my car.
BlitzSRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 09:07 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA_G20
I am doing a 03 facelift on my 97 and just got the bumpers back this morning from paint.

Question do you have any pics of the 550 spyder rear bumper grille? I didn't realize the standard '03 had a grille or is this something exclusive to the spyder?
http://www.****************************************************.com/product/00004480232.html?Category_Code=POTEBXTR

IMO it makes it easier to trap dirt there and it looks like it's a pain to keep clean as well.
ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 01:16 PM   #26

Thanks Ekam I'll go without, your car doesnt have any mesh grille on the rear bumper correct?
Old 07-16-2010, 01:19 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA_G20
Thanks Ekam I'll go without, your car doesnt have any mesh grille on the rear bumper correct?
That's correct.
ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 09:16 AM   #28

sorry for those I havent responded to. Im in the caribbean so I dont get on my computer too often

anyways as far as performance mods go I have only done the throttle body, Plenum and Intake.

About the mesh grill its from suncoast and someone posted the link to it. Its a very high quality piece and its painted silver but I painted mine gloss black at home. It comes with small rivettes so I used a gun to rivett it in.

I also ordered the 2003 exhaust tips from suncoast just because I thought it would look good with the bumper and I liked the brushed look it had. I had to cut off my old tips with a plasma cutter at home and grind it down and put these on and MIG welded the insides. Yea I should have got an exhaust but didnt like any I saw and I really liked these tips.
Gemballa front bumper/Aerokit I Sideskirts/H&R suspension/997 short shift/Schnell front&rear strut brace/Aluminum pedals and floor board//Traffic pro/Console Delete//LED exterior lighting//Exclusive Options Full Leather/19inch Ruf Wheels/European rear bumper with 550 mesh/Zientec spoiler/IPD Plenum//Cold Air Intake/Hardtop/Speedster Humps
Stunin_Stud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:23 AM   #29

FYI any doing facelift upgrades from a pre '03 your muffler will be visible through the rear bumper so the "550 anniversary rear bumper grille" I think is necessary and Im ordering mine
Old 07-19-2010, 10:43 PM   #30

The mesh grill is solid and not your typical grill. It has a frame around it and it has a beautiful silver finish. I sprayed mine black. You cannot see it in the pics but up close it makes the bumper look very expensive. It fits flush and rivets in.

When I changed my bumper I realized that the heat shield around the muffler was visible. I should have either sprayed it black or tried to see if i could push it up a bit. So its slightly visible through the mesh although the mesh covers it somewhat well. It just looks like the muffler until you get really close and see its the heat shield. So watch out for that when you changing your bumper.

I changed my tips so my old ones dont look small in the new bumper.

I got tips and mesh from suncoast and it cost me an arm and a leg. Tips were cheaper at suncoast then the dealer with a discount.
Gemballa front bumper/Aerokit I Sideskirts/H&R suspension/997 short shift/Schnell front&rear strut brace/Aluminum pedals and floor board//Traffic pro/Console Delete//LED exterior lighting//Exclusive Options Full Leather/19inch Ruf Wheels/European rear bumper with 550 mesh/Zientec spoiler/IPD Plenum//Cold Air Intake/Hardtop/Speedster Humps
Stunin_Stud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:27 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danger
Looks good. The best thing about it is the color. Yellow baby !!!!!
Johnny, can you tell me what mod kit you have and where I can find it? I love the look of the body. What type of rims is that?

kluver is offline   Reply With Quote