Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2010, 12:34 AM   #1

New Pictures with new mods

Im finaly putting up pictures after making some new additions.

Heres what I added all at once:

-2003 (facelift) rear bumper w/no bumperettes
-550 anniversary rear bumper grille painted gloss black
-Zientec Rear Spoiler
-Speedster humps (note in the pics its just sitting on the car and not clamped down)
-Ruf 19 inch wheels w/ Yokohama S-drive 235 front 275 rear
-2003 exhuast tip
-IPD plenum
-Intake with dry injen cone filter

Gemballa front bumper/Aerokit I Sideskirts/H&R suspension/997 short shift/Schnell front&rear strut brace/Aluminum pedals and floor board//Traffic pro/Console Delete//LED exterior lighting//Exclusive Options Full Leather/19inch Ruf Wheels/European rear bumper with 550 mesh/Zientec spoiler/IPD Plenum//Cold Air Intake/Hardtop/Speedster Humps
Stunin_Stud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:40 AM   #2

more pictures

here are some more that I forgot to add
Gemballa front bumper/Aerokit I Sideskirts/H&R suspension/997 short shift/Schnell front&rear strut brace/Aluminum pedals and floor board//Traffic pro/Console Delete//LED exterior lighting//Exclusive Options Full Leather/19inch Ruf Wheels/European rear bumper with 550 mesh/Zientec spoiler/IPD Plenum//Cold Air Intake/Hardtop/Speedster Humps
Old 07-13-2010, 12:59 AM   #3

Garage
Thats a clean looking Boxster!

Very nice additions too, so much better without those bumperettes.
Christian H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:53 AM   #4

Looks really nice. And I've always been one of the oddballs around here...I happen to like my bumperettes. I think color (along with some of the other mods you've done) makes a difference: My Box is seal gray, and the exterior is stock. With your car, I have to admit it looks good without them.
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:16 AM   #5

Looks great, where did you get that spoiler from?
daboy3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:38 AM   #6

Garage
Looks good. The best thing about it is the color. Yellow baby !!!!!
Old 07-13-2010, 04:44 AM   #7
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Mods look great! That front splitter...is it that one from the UK? How hard was it to fit?

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:20 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxtaboy
Mods look great! That front splitter...is it that one from the UK? How hard was it to fit?

I am also interested in that front splitter. Looks like a Gemballa style. Where did you get it from and what did it cost. Also, Boxtaboy's question, how hard to get a good fit and how many new holes, if any, did you have to drill. Thanks in advance,

AKL

ps. Love those wheels, 19" or 20"?
'02, Arctic Silver/Graphite Gray, 2.7, TIP, 2nd cat delete, Charlie Chan muffler,de-ambered, Braille Battery, clear tailights, painted bumperettes, clear third brake light, M030 sway bars, F shock tower braces, clear rear deck, '03 side vents. 15mm spacers fore & aft.
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:17 AM   #9
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
I think what he installed was this:
http://cgi.ebay.com:80/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300370875765&autoredir ect=off

They will send it to you shipped for about $240. The only thing that worries me about that splitter is that it's made of fiberglass, and so will probably chip like crazy over time.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:29 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxtaboy
I think what he installed was this:
http://cgi.ebay.com:80/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300370875765&autoredir ect=off

They will send it to you shipped for about $240. The only thing that worries me about that splitter is that it's made of fiberglass, and so will probably chip like crazy over time.
Boxtaboy, after looking at the website it looks as if the splitter, side skirts etc. are Gemballa rip offs. Another stateside ( CA ) vendor has the same thing in glass/carbon mixture but wants a lot more money for the splitter alone and is very expensive to ship. Ends up around $800 I believe before you have to fit and paint. Don't know if their composition would resist chipping any better than straight fiberglass. Vulnerable spot underneath the front but does give the car a more late model look.

AKL
'02, Arctic Silver/Graphite Gray, 2.7, TIP, 2nd cat delete, Charlie Chan muffler,de-ambered, Braille Battery, clear tailights, painted bumperettes, clear third brake light, M030 sway bars, F shock tower braces, clear rear deck, '03 side vents. 15mm spacers fore & aft.
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:33 AM   #11
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen K. Littlefield
Boxtaboy, after looking at the website it looks as if the splitter, side skirts etc. are Gemballa rip offs. Another stateside ( CA ) vendor has the same thing in glass/carbon mixture but wants a lot more money for the splitter alone and is very expensive to ship. Ends up around $800 I believe before you have to fit and paint. Don't know if their composition would resist chipping any better than straight fiberglass. Vulnerable spot underneath the front but does give the car a more late model look.

AKL
Yep, the UK seller def has a better price point. If you don't do much highway miles, it probably won't matter much, but if you do, will prob need to touch up chips often. If they don't require new holes to be drilled upon installation, that would be best, since it would be reversible, but somehow I doubt it.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:56 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen K. Littlefield
ps. Love those wheels, 19" or 20"?
His post says they're 19" Ruf wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daboy3000
Looks great, where did you get that spoiler from?
His post says it's a Zeintec spoiler:

http://www.zeintec.com/

Can't get one now though, at least not new. As of April the company is dead and there's some nasty stuff going on with people getting screwed out of thousands of dollars on hard tops as the company took their money even though they knew they were going to fold.

Stud, looks nice! I think the humps add a nice look to the car. I put mine on for a PCA tour this last weekend and my car got a lot of attention. It's surprising to me how much people really notice those humps when compared to other mods.

Kirk
1975 911S Targa - undergoing a full restoration and engine rebuild
Also In The Garage - '66 912, '69 912, '72 914 Chalon wide body, '73 914
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:35 AM   #13

something about pic 1

pic of the rear with the brake lights on, that's a nice pic... car looks like it just came off the showroom floor MINT!
Old 07-13-2010, 09:55 AM   #14

Garage
Back when I was looking into body kits, it was explained to me that Gemballa actually utilized the oem polyurethane bumper in their design. However, they molded fiberglass splitters to each corner and lastly removed the "surround" from center intake to give it a more open look. I remember it as being a quality piece, but very expensive. I imagine at this point it would be difficult to get one since Gemballa's demise.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:56 PM   #15

Thank you guys for the compliments

The Front "splitter" is not the UK one. Its the whole bumper. The bumper is from Gemballa and what I like about it is that its OEM looking. This was out before the 987 decided to have splitters from the factory so I liked the fact that the bumper is along the lines of what the factory would do. The bumper is really expensive and thats why its rare, but I got it used from a celebrity for really cheap.

The spoiler is Zientec. I ordered it from South Africa. It fit well on my 2001 bumper but I had to modify it to fit on this 2003 bumper. And it still needs adjustments

The wheels are 19inch Ruf wheels but they are replicas.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:09 PM   #16

I forget to mention a few things I saw commented on

First of all nothing on the car, besides the wheels, are replicas or knock offs.

The bumper is from gemballa and its basicaly the OEM bumper with a bigger center vent and molded splitters. it even has the Porsche Part number on it. It fits with no modification because its basicaly oem. It retails $2000-3000 depending on where you look but I got it for $300 from Usher in Atlanta. He had it on a grey Gemballa 911 that was crashed.

The side skirts are OEM Porsche aerokit 1. I got it for $590 shipped from Germany. its hard to find in the US.

The rear bumper is the OEM porsche 2003-2004 facelift bumper from Europe with no bumperettes. I had to cut off the bolts holding the bumperette brackets off to put it on. Purchased the bumper for $540 with a dealer discount.

The humps are OEM not replica, it has Porsche Part number on it. I got it for basicaly free from someone who gave me a bunch of parts and through this in.

Overall I tried to go for the OEM look without doing anything crazy.

I also put in a cayman 3.4L 75mm throttle body with IPD plenum and Intake.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:52 PM   #17

Garage
[QUOTE=Stunin_Stud]I forget to mention a few things I saw commented on

The bumper is from gemballa and its basicaly the OEM bumper with a bigger center vent and molded splitters. it even has the Porsche Part number on it. It fits with no modification because its basicaly oem. It retails $2000-3000 depending on where you look but I got it for $300 from Usher in Atlanta. He had it on a grey Gemballa 911 that was crashed.

Gee, that sounds like something I said.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:35 PM   #18

Yes Johnny you said it.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:15 AM   #19

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunin_Stud
Yes Johnny you said it.

Like everyone else, I just want to be loved too .
Old 07-14-2010, 07:23 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunin_Stud
here are some more that I forgot to add
love it. way to modify without going overboard! Looks great!

Previous Toys:
2005 RX-8, RIP
1989 GTA, 5 Speed, Procharger Supercharger and 2 Core Intercooler, 1 3/4" headers, 3" Flomaster Exhaust, cat-delete, digital ignition, bigger fuel injectors
Oaktown 986 is offline   Reply With Quote