Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 12:00 PM   #1

Less than 24 hours!

Most of you have been where I am. Just one sleep from owning your first Porsche! This time tomorrow I should be driving around in a Boxster S, 2003, in Basalt black with Savannah leather. It's a great looking combination and runs on split rims with red calipers. With a long equipment list I should have plenty of toys to play with but the main thing I'm looking forward to is hearing it's sound and feeling the power. The weather in Yorkshire (UK) is set to rain most of the day and so it looks like the roof will have to remain up but no worries, I hope to have plenty of chance in the future!

If anyone's interested I'll post some pictures later and let you know the verdict on early Porsche ownership from someone new to 986forum.com

Last edited by Bar-tat-man; 11-11-2009 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Photos added
Bar-tat-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:16 PM   #2

Nice!!! I remember my first Boxster. I kept pinching myself as I drove it home. Congrats and don't forget to drill out the exhaust!

DIY Exhaust Mod – Gain of 10+ HP!!!

03' 986 Midnight Blue Metallic
Light Weight Flywheel | Tinted Windows and Windscreen
Painted Bumperettes | 550 Spyder Grille Kit

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_9sTq_sN1KDw/Si...2009%20055.jpg
crios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:39 PM   #3

Great looking Boxster. It's even got the sport seats. Not sure I would get it though...the steering wheel is on the wrong side.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:44 PM   #4

Should be OK Thumper, our roads are on the wrong side too!
Old 11-11-2009, 01:46 PM   #5

Man, yeah that was a great day driving my car off the lot. I remember it well. On the 2 hr drive home I was just beaming from ear to ear with my gf in the passenger seat. That is a nice looking 03 S you picked out. The sport seats and the aluminum trim pac interior is very nice. Enjoy!
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:41 PM   #6

Garage
Bad ass ride bro, have fun...I do.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:47 AM   #7

Congrats! I'm picking up my first Boxster Saturday, a Black '06 base. The work-week is going slow!
stephen wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:00 AM   #8

Tell me about it Stephen! I'm in my last 90 minutes and it seems like I'm getting no where. This is torture! Good luck for Saturday.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:14 PM   #9

Congrats...

...Bar-tat-man, very nice combo of interior and exterior colors. Mind bloody old bill when you are out motoring as these things ride nice and easy and go around corners quite swiftly and you will be above posted limit before you know it. Also mind the location of your speed cameras, no sense going off to the poorhouse on traffic citations. Have fun and keep us posted.

AKL
'02, Arctic Silver/Graphite Gray, 2.7, TIP, 2nd cat delete, Charlie Chan muffler,de-ambered, Braille Battery, clear tailights, painted bumperettes, clear third brake light, M030 sway bars, F shock tower braces, clear rear deck, '03 side vents. 15mm spacers fore & aft.
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:31 PM   #10

What can I say? It’s just phenomenal!

I picked it up from the garage and found they had put half a tank of fuel in which is a pleasant change from the usual situation. We eased out into evening rush hour traffic in the dark and the rain and headed for a derestricted road (in the UK this means 70mph max). By the time we arrived there the engine was warmed through and I did exactly what you would expect me to do. The revs climbed, the tailpipes wailed and I started to laugh out loud!

I took it up into 3 figure speed territory and backed off to the legal limit. This was fast enough on wet autumn roads, or was I chicken? I did it again. And again. The sound from the engine, the exhaust, and the push in the back were my new best friends.

Later I brought the car home and played with all the knobs and switches like a big kid. The satnav takes some understanding but looks good and I’ll get used to it in time. The car also has an option that I understand is less common, the ability to put the roof up or down at the touch of just one button and you don’t need to hold it in all the time either. It will also do this at speeds up to 25mph. Works well and with the UK’s unstable weather it just might stop me from getting drenched!

The Porsche Boxster S is an awesome car. It seems just as happy cruising round at 40 in 6th as it is charging hard towards the next bend which arrives all too soon. Of course you guys know this already and I look forward to learning more, which reminds me there’s some driving to be done!

Bye for now and thanks very much for all your kind messages.

Last edited by Bar-tat-man; 11-12-2009 at 03:34 PM.
Bar-tat-man is offline   Reply With Quote