Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2005, 07:19 PM   #1

PS2's GT4

So Gran Turismo 4 has been out for over a week now. Any fans here? It has this new fangled photo mode that lets you take pictures of your car. Although *technically* Porsche isn't in the game, Ruf is with their 3400S. Check out these pix! It can actually help you decide on rims. I think I like the black...

This simulator lets you choose the color of your car (but not the top), the rims (actual rims that are in production), and even ride height. You can photograph the car in action on the track. That makes for some cool pix too!

2000 Porsche Boxster | SOLD | http://www.986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9114

http://www.kryzak.com/storage/986sig12.jpg

http://kryzak.tumblr.com
Jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 09:18 PM   #2
Lux

That's pretty cool. I've never played any of the GT games for fear of becoming addicted. I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out though.
Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 04:51 AM   #3

That game is so bad ass. I have the 3400S in the same Forest Green color as my car and I swear it sounds and feels so much like real life. Of course as the RUF edition, it has a little more power than mine... but I would never let my friends know that.
But what is so important about driving faster than anyone else?
Lots of people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well.
When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.
Porschekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 04:52 AM   #4

X-Box all the way.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:31 AM   #5

The game is great,only thing missing is the online option.But I heard that an online version will be out later this year.They had too many problems with the online so they canceled it at the last minute,but I just think is to make people buy it 2 times.
Dave_Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 02:42 PM   #6

I will publicly admit to owning this game and even worse going out to buy the steering wheel for it! Yes that's $200 that could have gone in the car or better yet my E-trade account.

Believe it or not I spend more time watching the on board footage in the license center. I have watched this for an hour at a time. They show you the telemetry on braking points and the degree of steering input. I'm thinking of emailing them to find out how they incorporated all that telemetry into the game. Must be fascinating.
The wheel has real life 900 degrees of rotation so I have to say its not all like playing these cheesy arcade games. You really have to use hand over hand steering to get around slow speed corners. And the weight behind the force feedback is something else, it knocked the computer table I had it on apart.

For the record I now own three PS2 titles
GT3, F1-2001, GT4.
I really hate most sports games and these shoot em up games. Makes my hands hurt.

I hear X Box is coming out with Forza something or other which uses a better physics model. There was great article in Popular science where a pro ALMS driver was put against an avid gamer and surprisingly the gamer was slower. Guess its worth checking out.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 03-29-2005 at 02:49 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 03:26 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to Subanez
I read that article as well...I'm curious to see how it all turns out!

Personally, I'm saving up to hopefully one day get a formula license. :-D

Who needs video games???

"I ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. And then I ran some more." -Fight Club
Subanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 03:34 PM   #8

Question about PS2 and driving games.

Does the PS2 have analog triggers? I’m under the impression it doesn’t. On the X-Box the left and right triggers (break and gas) are analog so you can apply light breaks, feather the throttle etc. Can you do that stuff on the PS2 games?

I played an early demo of Forza, it was alright, but didnt really show most of the game. Forza and the Project Gothams games have the Porsche licenses. Project Gotham 2 was awesome and there was a good selection of Porsches GT1, 959, 356, 550 to name a few besides the current models. The way the online stuff (Live) was built into the game was really awesome.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:59 AM   #9

Had my copy for a week now

Ruf Boxster is great - handling is fantatsic, and easier to drive round the Nordschlieffe than the Audi RS4. Hit 183mph on the long final straight !

The Ruf 996 is good too, but more twitchy when you stomp on the brakes from high speed
UKBXSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 11:01 AM   #10

Send a message via AIM to wombat7
The PS2 does have analog control but isn't as easy to use as the one in the PS2... I played Forza and absolutely HATED it compared to GT4...

1984 944 NA

"Live Fast, Live Young, Leave a good skid mark" - James Dean
wombat7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 08:44 AM   #11

I got the logitech driving force pro and must say it was WELL worth the $150 I payed for it. Gives a whole new experience to the game.

But what is so important about driving faster than anyone else?
Lots of people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well.
When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.
Porschekid is offline   Reply With Quote