Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2008, 09:00 AM   #21

Beautiful car. Nice work...

Are you considering having your rear bumperettes painted to match the car?

past: 2010 Boxster S
turbo23dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 12:24 PM   #22

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
Quote:
Originally Posted by trieullionaire
Chills,

Here you go bud...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260233024945&fromMakeT rack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:middle:us

It's a little more $ but I think it's worth it (true wide angle camera).

Trieullionaire

That's perfect. Thanks Tri.

Now does that plug directly into the AVIC headunit or into the small adapter thing that the other camera uses?

It's not about the summit, it's about the climb.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q46/chills1138/2.jpg
Chills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 06:47 AM   #23

Backup Camera

CHILLS,

Sorry for the late late reply been very hectic. The backup cam comes with a separate rca video wire that plugs directly into your AVIC system's rca cable for backup camera. And then there is just the matter of the wires for power which is super easy.
trieullionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:11 PM   #24

Almost done...who am I kidding

Chrome gauge rings and clear side markers. I am so close to being totally deambered. I just wish there was something more interesting I could do other than clear headlights. Give it time, I might produce something for resale too ha ha. But for now here we are with the mods.

-Gauge rings
-Clear side markers
-Chrome Lug Bolts & Wheel Locks
-Gold crest valve caps
Old 06-27-2008, 08:40 AM   #25

Quote:
I just wish there was something more interesting I could do other than clear headlights. Give it time, I might produce something for resale too ha ha.

You could always try to fabricate something yourself. Not too many, if any, Boxster owners have done that. I've seen it done on FD RX-7's and MR2's though. If you have the money you could always do the 2002+ 996 style headlights.

Here are a couple pics to give you some inspiration. If you look closely at the headlights you'll see it looks like they took apart a clear halogen light housing, painted most of the inside black, and installed a blue projector light for the fog light. Interesting any way....
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:16 AM   #26

That helps

Hey Kirk thanks for the pics. Yeah, I need to figure out what to do with to make that amber go away. I been doing some design work using Illustrator but haven't come up with something worthwhile that I am excited about yet.

Be nice to come up with something that everyone could do for cheap and looks sharp. But yeah, those pictures are pretty cool. I would love to use the current amber headlights and modify it as well. Less waste in so many aspects.

Happy 4th of July everybody!
Old 08-14-2008, 02:06 PM   #27

Latest mods

I got my mats a while ago but haven't had much time to post much on the forum. They are the Lloyd mats, all together I am very pleased with how the interior is turning out.

Now working on the exterior parts. I got my rear diffuser the other day and will probably have it installed in the next two weeks. Got to get it painted first. IMO, the 986 bumper really do need the rear diffusers to complete the look.

Got my piano black headlight covers coming at the end of the month, it's gonna look pretty sharp on my boxster.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:44 PM   #28

I like it. Very clean and not overly done.
ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 01:14 PM   #29

I like it but I have to agree on the tail. Zeintec has a spoiler wing replacement that I am interested in. It's kind of subtle but not a dopey looking as the stock spoiler wing when raised.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:49 PM   #30

Beautiful Car

Would you share the type and size of wheels? They are very sharp.
Boxster22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:11 PM   #31

The wheel size is 19's with the rears being "10 and the fronts being "8.5. Rear tires are 275/30/19 and fronts are 235/35/19. I have 5mm spacers in the rear just to make sure it's not rubbing anything. As for brand, I'm not sure I remember a while back another forum member had some that were pretty much identical and I think they were called Hiro rims or something.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:32 PM   #32

Quote:
I think they were called Hiro rims or something.
They sure look like they could be Miro rims, which is probably the name you're thinking of. They make a 19" rim in the same widths, that some members on here have. Miro also advertises in Excellence magazine. Here's a link to their wheel that looks like yours:

http://www.mirowheels.com/371.html

Kirk
1975 911S Targa - undergoing a full restoration and engine rebuild
Also In The Garage - '66 912, '69 912, '72 914 Chalon wide body, '73 914
Old 12-18-2008, 08:23 AM   #33

Okay...be gentle

If you like it let me know, if you don't write it on a $20 and send it express...promise it be the first thing I read :P Just kidding, it's a free country like to hear what you think. Enough about the headlight covers though, I got the point...will paint it one of these days...I've heard it all, even from my own brother..."racoon eyes," burglar looking front, anything but "hey that's really nice."

But just a side note, anyone ever realize just how beautiful the shape of the old headlights are on the 986? I'm not just saying it because I don't have a 987 Boxster with the updated headlights, but take a look at the contours and you'll really start to appreciate how well it flowed with the lines of the car. The shape is really beautiful especially when unobstructed by headlight covers (There you go I admit I prefer my headlights w/out the cover) I definitely think the clears is the way to go better yet litronics but for now covered up amber is what I will settle for.

Anyways, got more treats for you folks. Here are the most recent photos of my little buddy.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:32 AM   #34

Personally I'm a big fan of your car. I like it a lot! I don't think the headlight covers look bad at all. The wheels are awesome and the red painted roll bar hoop is VERY cool, especially the way it matches your calipers.

I agree about the 986 headlights. I didn't care for them with the amber, but now that I have litronics I like them a lot. I do think that the 986 has better lines (headlights and side intakes) than the 987. I've thought about going to the turbo headlights, but honestly the more I look at the 986 litronics I can't say that the turbo style lights are really that much better...

MORE PICS PLEASE!!!

Kirk
1975 911S Targa - undergoing a full restoration and engine rebuild
Also In The Garage - '66 912, '69 912, '72 914 Chalon wide body, '73 914
Old 12-18-2008, 08:40 AM   #35

Here is the rest of it

Recent mods
-rear diffusers
-Painted the vinyl side of the roll bar red
-New convertible top from German Tops in Cali ($275) installed it myself (spent $20 for adhesive and my time (which is worth millions if you convert it to Zimbabwe currency :P)
-Custom seat covers full piping (just wished I would of gone for the red piping instead)
-Slowly converting my interior to all black w/ aluminum trims (I have a grey interior w/ aluminum trims at the moment)
-Painted my ignition trim red...will look really sharp with a black dash. In racing, and against a fighting bull...red means "Go."
-Added some decals to my rims as well. Just on one spoke, and it is a titanium silver that we carry. I like it, it's extremely subtle way to accent the rims.

Future mods
-Rocker panels
-Clear headlights
-LED fog lights like CJ Boxster (I think)
Old 12-18-2008, 08:47 AM   #36

Thanks Kirk!

I think Kirk and I might be twins separated at birth. Here's some more photos...
Old 12-18-2008, 08:49 AM   #37

This one's for Kirk

Okay I might get shot down for this one but here goes!
Old 12-18-2008, 09:01 AM   #38

Last Pics, I Promise

Yeah just a few more pics. I would of attached it with the previous one but then you would have to click on it to see the one pic that seems to rub everyone every way but the right way.

As for the side vents...me too, I'm perfectly happy with mine. I just need some add'l horsies for my little buddy. Come to think of it, we already have "Little Bastard" out there somewhere...I saw it at the Parade of Porsche in Sarasota over the weekend...maybe I will officially name mine "Little Buddy."

Cheerios!

Trieullionaire
Old 12-20-2008, 11:03 PM   #39

coming along very nice. whats next on the mod list?
tamk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 10:25 AM   #40

Garage
Trieullionaire,

How much were those rims?

Last edited by Jaxonalden; 12-21-2008 at 11:51 AM.
Jaxonalden is offline   Reply With Quote