Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2007, 05:48 PM   #21
bmussatti

Speed Yellow is such a cool color! Humps look good. The last photo is very good.

Dude, you got a lot of leaves to rake.

Old 10-27-2007, 10:25 PM   #22

I believe that is the premium sound package with DSP (the equalizer that you guys are referring to) I don't think they started using Bose components until my03. The prior years to 03 were manufactured by Becker and Nokia. A great place to verify exactly what options your car came with is on this site: http://www.kindel.com/Porsche/options.asp Just put the codes that are located under your front hood on the white Porsche sticker. This will have a bunch of the 3 digit codes. Nice car and from the looks, well optioned too.
boxs2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 05:26 AM   #23

Turbo 23

Speed yellow definitely looks good on 986 and the previous owner really put a lot of options/upgrades on it. The car really needs the upgraded tail lights 03+ which you can get for less than $200 and install yourself in less than 10 minutes. It really brings the car to a more modern look.

I can also do without the Speedster badge inside the car since there really is no Boxster "speedster", but that is perosal choice.

I really like the look of the Speedster humps, the colored console and roll bar.

That is definitely not a Borla exhaust I have ever seen and is the PSE unless Borla has a new knock off of the PSE.

I think you have the upgraded POrsche stereo and not the Bose, but who cares as you should be listening to the soundtrack from Stuttgart and not the radio anyway.

Let me know if you ever head south toward Richmond or I'll do the same if I head up to NOVA. Where are you exactly in NoVA?

later,

1989 911 Cabriolet
Grand Prix White/Black

Stock except:
Turbo 7x9 Fuchs

SOLD!
2002 986S
Seal Gray/Black
Painted Center Console
18" Turbo Twists with rear spacers
Tequipment aluminum shift knob
Colored center caps
De-ambered tail lights/side markers

Stock except:
B&B catback exhaust

http://i29.tinypic.com/i6crck.jpg
jwilson95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 09:24 AM   #24

[QUOTE=boxs2000]I believe that is the premium sound package with DSP (the equalizer that you guys are referring to) I don't think they started using Bose components until my03. The prior years to 03 were manufactured by Becker and Nokia. QUOTE]

That is correct. The Bose stereos don't have equalizers. Also, Busmatti you are correct...there was and never has been an LSD option for boxsters.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 04:04 PM   #25

[QUOTE=Adam]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxs2000
I believe that is the premium sound package with DSP (the equalizer that you guys are referring to) I don't think they started using Bose components until my03. The prior years to 03 were manufactured by Becker and Nokia. QUOTE]
Probably the Premium Sound Package.
My 02 has the BOSE system. BOSE is written on speakers and also on the bottom (visible only when part removed) of the sub enclosure behind me.
wanna986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 05:01 PM   #26

A true mechanical LSD was not and is not a factory available option for the Boxsters. It may have PSM.. it may have TC. But any type of LSD effect is based on ABS used to limit slip of a spinning wheel.
1970 914 w/2056 (sold)
racer_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 09:15 AM   #27

JWilson,
What does the upgrades taillights look like? I have a 2000 Box S and am interested in them.

achtung is offline   Reply With Quote