Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2007, 10:46 AM   #1

New Rims!

I finally decided to change my wheels again. I like the rims I have, I just think they are to hard to clean. I'm not talking about because they are black, heck that actually hides the dirt, the thing that bothered me was all those dam spokes that are so hard to get between. I go to allot of car shows, and i just wanted something easier to clean and get to. I bought these rims, and man are they nice. 18x8 for the front and 18x9.5 in the rear. They have a 4inch deep lip in the rear! They look great. Currently they are silver with a polished lip, but I'm going to have them painted Metallic Seal Gray to match my car and keep the small rivets chrome. I think it will look cool this way. Here is a picture of what they will look like. They are made by a company called RUFF RACING. But this is NOT the same "RUF" that we all know and love. It's just spelled similar with an extra "F". By the way, these wheels are very rare one offs. Apparently RUFF racing only make these in chrome, gun metal gray, and black, but not for any Porsche vehicles. Lucky for me one of the distributors had a few silver ones sent to him that he had custom drilled 5x130. I was one of the luck ones to get a set.

Last edited by porsche986spyder; 09-14-2007 at 11:04 AM.
porsche986spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 11:37 AM   #2
blkboxster

damn there hot, have you sold your old ones
Old 09-14-2007, 11:55 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
i looked into those while searching. theres a few sets all over ebay all the time, so i dont know how much truth the guy was telling you.

post some pics when u get them installed
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:02 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkboxster
damn there hot, have you sold your old ones
Not yet. I will post some pictures and description of them once I get them off. They are LeMans hub centric.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by djomlas
i looked into those while searching. theres a few sets all over ebay all the time, so i dont know how much truth the guy was telling you.

post some pics when u get them installed
Yes, these are the ones on e-bay, BUT he only has a limited few left. So, I guess you could say they are extremely rare, but I said one offs because they were custom drilled. I first saw them a few weeks ago and noticed the name RUFF RACING and tried to find them directly through the company STATUS WHEELShttp://www.statuswheels.com/wheels/wheels.php?wheel_id=44&brand_id=2 who is the manufacture of RUFF RACING and several other brands. They were the ones that told me they don't even make them for Porsche. When I told him that I saw some on e-bay, we both thought that they may be RUFF RACING knock-offs at first. When I told him the name and style, he told me that they discontinued the silver ones and only made them in Chrome, Black and Gun Metal Grey. I emailed the seller on e-bay and asked him if these were fake or knock offs and he told me how he got them because they were discontinued, but they were REAL RUFF RACING rims that were left over in the silver color and purchased the remaining staggard sets in inventory and had them drilled out for a few Porsche models. I checked his story out and it is true. I think he only has about 6 complete sets left. STATUS WHEELS sells them under a new model number R280 but they do not come in silver any longer, nor do they make them to fit any Porsche.

Last edited by porsche986spyder; 09-14-2007 at 12:21 PM.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:47 AM   #6

Are they really 3 piece wheels? How big is the lip in the front?
yellowboxster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 06:21 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowboxster01
Are they really 3 piece wheels? How big is the lip in the front?
Who said they were 3 piece wheels? No they are 1 piece rims with holes drilled in them for the chrome rivets.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:42 PM   #8

No one said they were 3 piece, that's why I asked.
yellowboxster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 06:29 AM   #9

Thumbs up on the new wheels.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote