Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2007, 03:14 PM   #21

Hey Couper make sure you body guy adds the flexing agents to the paint and the clear. That will prevent your paint from cracking, your right it really is flexible. Also make sure you body guy works over the bumper good as we had lots of small air pockets in mine that we had to sand and fill before we primed it.

You guys are right on the amber lights, the headlights are on the list to go but the wheels are coming first. Not sure if I'm going with 18's or 19's.

ezeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 04:36 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeks
Hey Couper make sure you body guy adds the flexing agents to the paint and the clear. That will prevent your paint from cracking, your right it really is flexible. Also make sure you body guy works over the bumper good as we had lots of small air pockets in mine that we had to sand and fill before we primed it.

You guys are right on the amber lights, the headlights are on the list to go but the wheels are coming first. Not sure if I'm going with 18's or 19's.
Thanks for that tip. i'll make sure he adds the flexing agents. I've never heard of that but I hope he has. I also upgraded to Litronic with wiring harness. Those are going in this week with the new wheels as well. Thanks again!
Couper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 05:56 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeph
Never thought I'd say this, but bring the amber side markers back -unless you plan on getting clear headlights. Yellow is one of the few colors that amber looks acceptable with.

Looks good! Can't you hear her SCREAMING for 18s?
Or 19S?
BOXZING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 12:10 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeks
I want so badly to put some black 18's with a polished lip on my car but, my next mod is exhaust. The stock 18's don't look bad and I'd like a little more pep at this time.

I just have so many plans and not enough to fund it. The story of a Porsche owners life.
yellowboxster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 05:58 PM   #25

I know the feeling, not enough funds to justify all the mods you want. I turned a bad situation into a good one. I was in an accident with about 10k in damage. Instead of replacing all stock parts I upgraded to all the mods I wanted. New wheels, Turbo front bumper, litronic headlights, clear side markers. I threw in some extras to like upgraded taillights and clear 3rd breaklight. Should be out of the shop this week so I'll post some pics then.

Couper1 is offline   Reply With Quote