Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2007, 08:03 AM   #1

Talking 2008 boxster info

I ordered a new 08' boxster last month, it will arrive late July or early August. I have read on some blogs about technical advancements that will be included in the 08'; DFI ( direct fuel injection ) that will increase hp and gas efficency but no specifics. One blog had a rumored 13% improvement in hp ( they estimated an increase to 270 hp from 245 on the base boxster ). I have spoken to some porsche dealers and they say they anticipate some hp increase ( the usual 5 hp increase ) but doubt anything around 13%. Does anyone out there have any new info on these or other improvements for the 08' ? Also, any more recent spy shots other than the ones taken in the snow sometime in Feb. ? With this car going into production any day now, I can't believe there aren't any current pictures available. I am a new member and excited to be here.

mkgonza2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 08:06 AM   #2
bmussatti

Mike, welcome to the Forum!

I don't have any answers for you, but you get my vote for "Member of the Week" for having the newest Boxster in town!

Congrats!!

Tell us more about your order...color...options and etc.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:18 AM   #3

Talking 08' boxster

What is your first name ?

I tried to purchase an 07' boxster with the following options :
guards red / black interior
tip S / with prefered package
painted roll bar, ext. color
windstop
19" carrera S wheels
leather sport seats
delete model designation

the local porsche dealer searched the entire country and found only 8 boxsters with some of the options ( tip, painted roll bar, guards red / blk interior, windstop ) but none with the 19" carrera S wheels that where important to me. I was able to negotiate a deal to purchase the vehicle for $1800.00 over invoice. Since there were no boxsters available with the exact options I wanted, the dealer suggested ordering one. They had an allocation I could use to order an 08'.
I was able to negotiate a deal for $2000.00 over invoice and they would order with only $500.00 down. My boxster is scheduled for build the middle of June. Since I am in Ohio, I was obviously giving up some precious driving time. However,
the cost to go to an 08' ( with all the improvements especially in hp's ) would only be .04% base price increase ( less than $200.00 ), and an additional $200.00 over invoice. Given these factors, sacrificing a few weeks of driving pleasure was worth it.
Thank you for the welcome. I look forward to more meaningful communications in the future.
mkgonza2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:12 PM   #4

There ain't nothin' like owning a car you had built for you that's exactly the way you want it.

I've not heard any 08 rumors or truths so far, but Porsche seems to improve the Boxster every single year with a number of new features. I'm sure you'll be pleased with whatever they deliver to you.

The discounts you've found on the cars makes you look like the kind of guy I'd want negotiating for me when I finally decide to buy a new one and order it
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 07:55 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
so you ordered a car and dont know what i looks like? <--technically
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 03:48 PM   #6

I've also order a new Boxster and recently noticed after making some spec. changes the base price had gone up. After asking why I'm told its because my car is now an 2008 build car. According to my dealership the changes are very minor (according to documentation they have had). But yet like other people in this thread I carn't help get a little excited by the things I'm finding on the web. However like the laster poster said, I'm also wondering why more has not been released. Indeed the build your porsche page on their web site still hasn't been updated....
Andrew Fawcett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 12:24 AM   #7
si1

Andrew, how much is the price increase? Thanks.
si1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:20 AM   #8

It works out at £175 pounds.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:29 AM   #9

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Congrats on the (future) pick-up,I'm sure it will a blast to own.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:45 AM   #10
bmussatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Fawcett
It works out at £175 pounds.

Based on today's exchange rate, this is $343.81
Old 06-10-2007, 06:22 AM   #11

Thanks for the currency conversion!?!?
Old 06-12-2007, 08:56 AM   #12

hi! new to this forum. had some info to share on this subject.

i too am ordering an 08 boxster and i've learned that the facelifted boxster/caymans are 09 model year cars and won't be out till fall 2008. the 08 cars will be relatively unchanged from the 07s.

that's why we haven't seen any info on these facelift cars because it's still too soon. they probably won't even show these cars till the new york auto show in april next year.

oh well, i'm just here for the 32 miles per gallon
tsunami racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:03 AM   #13
bmussatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunami racer
oh well, i'm just here for the 32 miles per gallon
Hi Tsunami, welcome to the Forum. Congrats on the new car! Awesome. But, 32 MPG's...not gunna happen...unless there is a stiff wind behind ya, or you are driving with the top up and driving too conservatively...and what fun would that be! Better MPG's than an SUV...yes.