I tried to purchase an 07' boxster with the following options :
guards red / black interior
tip S / with prefered package
painted roll bar, ext. color
windstop
19" carrera S wheels
leather sport seats
delete model designation

the local porsche dealer searched the entire country and found only 8 boxsters with some of the options ( tip, painted roll bar, guards red / blk interior, windstop ) but none with the 19" carrera S wheels that where important to me. I was able to negotiate a deal to purchase the vehicle for $1800.00 over invoice. Since there were no boxsters available with the exact options I wanted, the dealer suggested ordering one. They had an allocation I could use to order an 08'.
I was able to negotiate a deal for $2000.00 over invoice and they would order with only $500.00 down. My boxster is scheduled for build the middle of June. Since I am in Ohio, I was obviously giving up some precious driving time. However,
the cost to go to an 08' ( with all the improvements especially in hp's ) would only be .04% base price increase ( less than $200.00 ), and an additional $200.00 over invoice. Given these factors, sacrificing a few weeks of driving pleasure was worth it.
Thank you for the welcome. I look forward to more meaningful communications in the future.
mkgonza2 is offline   Reply With Quote