Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Porsche Cayman Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2024, 01:58 PM   #1

Headlamp Recommendations

Hello - I have recently purchased a 2008 Cayman S with 10k miles. The car came out of Florida and the headlamps are a bit yellowed. I am not interested in refurbishing them, I would rather replace them. My Cayman came with Halogen headlamps. I should have paid attention to the options of what I could use to replace what is on my car which is often discussed on various forums. I would like to use something that is Porsche equipment, not an off-market mod. I want plug and play. If there is an upgrade that I should consider it would be great to know that. So, thanks in advance for your recommendations!

Old 07-30-2024, 06:57 AM   #2

The Retrofit Lab in the UK, makes lighting upgrade kits, I installed the bi-xenon projector kit with LED high beams in my 03 Boxster. Car came equipped with OEM xenon’s. Kit was super easy to install, and the lighting output is stunning. Very reasonably priced kits, and great responses from questions asked to them.

Regarding the lenses discoloration, I’ve used the Sylvania headlight restoration kit multiple times with great results. Will only last a few years for a daily driver, but obviously longer with less exposure.

Check out those Retrofit Lab options, you won’t be disappointed.

You mentioned that you want OEM…those headlights are likely $1k a piece. Quality modern aftermarket options are best…think 2008 lighting tech vs 2024 tech.

Good luck

Last edited by Magdaddy; 07-30-2024 at 06:59 AM.
Magdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2024, 09:38 AM   #3

Sorry to Hi-jack this thread..por356c,..But, Magdaddy,..did you have to separate your headlight len's from the housing or just replaced the bulbs and reflector's,..Thank's Frank

flmont is offline   Reply With Quote