Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2008, 08:33 PM   #81
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
Sorry, now I get your question. When I have it plugged in via the dock connector I normally leave the volume at 10 and sometimes move it to 8 or 12, or 18 for audiobooks.
I just tried it with the same song on a CD and my iPod. The CD is just barely louder than the iPod, and the radio is about the same volume as the iPod. I would just note that this is slightly subjective based on my hearing and where you normally leave the volume.

Old 06-04-2009, 01:41 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3000
Sorry, now I get your question. When I have it plugged in via the dock connector I normally leave the volume at 10 and sometimes move it to 8 or 12, or 18 for audiobooks.
I just tried it with the same song on a CD and my iPod. The CD is just barely louder than the iPod, and the radio is about the same volume as the iPod. I would just note that this is slightly subjective based on my hearing and where you normally leave the volume.

If may:
This issue may also be subject to the level at which the song or Audiobooks are recorded. You may sometimes have to adjust the radio volume from one song to another which has nothing to do with the volume setting on the iPod but the volume at which the songs are recorded
quietcoolone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:23 AM   #83

Question about iphone 3G

Has anyone successfully installed a cable that allowed you to connect a 2nd or 3rd Gen iphone via the bottom interface rather than the headphone jack? Sorry I am late to this party! Any info would be greatly appreciated. I have a CDR 220 with no CD changer

Chris
cdoyletampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:00 AM   #84
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
I have always had my iPods connect via the dock connector (bottom interface). The advantage of the dock connector is that with one cable you can charge your iPod and play audio. The main source of confusion for most people is that Apple changed the way the dock connector works, so all iPod connection cables are dived into two groups and you have to determine which iPod/iPhone you have and then which cable will work with that device. Currently, I am not aware of any all in one cables for the Becker that work with the iPhone.

When I recently had to upgrade my AUX input when I got my new iPod here is what I did:

I wired a cigarette lighter outlet (like this ) to the phone connector under the center console. I already had the Becker AUX in (this ), and then I bought a Griffin Technology AutoPilot.
I plugged the AutoPilot into the lighter socket and the AUX out from that into the Becker cable. It's a clean, simple setup and the beauty of it is that if Apple changes the dock connector again, I can use everything I already have and just upgrade the AutoPilot to something compatible with that new iPod.

I hope this helps!
Old 06-22-2010, 07:16 PM   #85

Question

Is this still the best way to hook up your iPod to your CDR-220 w/o losing the CD changer?
9mmkungfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:12 PM   #86

Don't go to the dealer to enable AUX!!

Instead, try this:

you must also 'enable' AUX-IN on the radio by pressing and holding 'TP' button until display reads 'BECKER1'. then using the right radio knob, scroll through the pages until you see AUX-IN and select 'enable'. you can see if AUX-IN is already enabled on your radio by pressing the 'S' (source) button to cycle through the sources. if your sources are just AM, FM and CD, then AUX-IN is not enabled. if enabled, 'AUX' will be included with the previous audio sources whether the AUX-IN cable is connected or not.

May already have been said, but I couldn't find it.
Mitchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:45 PM   #87
Woz

I just did get the (IP-BKR2) My assumption is that this is a "simple" plug and play...

I hope to pull the radio and plug in the device that will link my Iphone. My expectation is that it will also charge my phone as well as let me hear my songs...

The question: On my 2000 S with no cup holders... Best place to run the connection? I will need to attatch and see the phone. Has anyone made this hookup happen.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Woz
Woz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:59 AM   #88
fhp911

I have an '11 Boxster S with the PCM, so it has Ipod, USB and AUX connections.

I successfully can use the USB port (with the Apple-provided docking <==> USB cable) to charge my iPhone 4 but that port does NOT give me any audio out. (i can get audio out via the AUX, using the iPhone headphone output but then I don't get any charging.)

QUESTION: How can I use the USB port in the car to provide both charging and audio output? (plus I seem to remember that months ago when I would hook up to the USB port, I would get a message on the phone (but maybe it was on the PCM screen) to the effect of 'do you want to get power only, or power plus audio?' but I don't get that message any more.)

TIA,

Fred
fhp911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:24 AM   #89

Is this the adapter I need to connect to a CDR 220 head unit? FWIW, I do not have a CD changer and have no interest in adding one.
BimmersInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:28 AM   #90
2002 Boxster

http://986forum.com/forums/general-discussions/33655-cdr-220-aux-iphone.html
TerryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:17 AM   #91

Thank you!!
BimmersInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:43 AM   #92

Send a message via AIM to pecora
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhp911 View Post
I have an '11 Boxster S with the PCM, so it has Ipod, USB and AUX connections.

I successfully can use the USB port (with the Apple-provided docking <==> USB cable) to charge my iPhone 4 but that port does NOT give me any audio out. (i can get audio out via the AUX, using the iPhone headphone output but then I don't get any charging.)

QUESTION: How can I use the USB port in the car to provide both charging and audio output? (plus I seem to remember that months ago when I would hook up to the USB port, I would get a message on the phone (but maybe it was on the PCM screen) to the effect of 'do you want to get power only, or power plus audio?' but I don't get that message any more.)

TIA,

Fred
Try pressing the TP button for a few seconds and selecting AUX to ON from the menu.

Rick

pecora is offline   Reply With Quote