Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2007, 10:29 AM   #1

one touch window problem

I have a 1997 boxster and have noticed since i owned it that the driver's window goes up/down by just pressing the window button . The passenger side on the other hand just goes down with the button but not up with the " one touch method". I tried to swapping switches driver's side connected to passenger side and still doesn't do it. I wonder if anyone has '97 if this works on your car .. A little history the wires were both replaced leading to the main harness on both windows less then 3 mths ago .. so everything is brand new ( window motors,regulators, wires,connectors....

Last edited by clb0099; 02-22-2007 at 10:37 AM.
clb0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:39 AM   #2
boggtown

Im pretty sure its programmed by the dealer. Maybe something happened and they forgot to re set those parameters.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:48 AM   #3

no dealer trip for me thanks... i am sure there is a better solutin or let's say i am hoping for one
Old 02-22-2007, 11:02 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb0099
I have a 1997 boxster and have noticed since i owned it that the driver's window goes up/down by just pressing the window button . The passenger side on the other hand just goes down with the button but not up with the " one touch method". I tried to swapping switches driver's side connected to passenger side and still doesn't do it. I wonder if anyone has '97 if this works on your car .. A little history the wires were both replaced leading to the main harness on both windows less then 3 mths ago .. so everything is brand new ( window motors,regulators, wires,connectors....
Always like to hear from those of us with the "original Boxster." FYI the one touch window function does indeed work for both my windows. I suspect as previously stated the dealer can activate with his computer tool. My dealer does this type of stuff for free. Give them a call and ask if they'll do it for you. Good luck!
Old 02-22-2007, 11:07 AM   #5

there seems not to be alot of us on here with the 97s but i love it i had a 1983 944 then it went to crap.. so i wanted a porsche again but one that wasn't going to cost too much so my wife didn't ********************. So i picked it up cheap off of ebay . The car was from FL orginally then moved to the 2nd owner in st louis then finally to me in nj .. The orginal owner kept it until 67k miles and the 2nd owner until 89,899. It currently has 94k but most of the parts have been updated one way or another..LOL
Old 02-22-2007, 11:18 AM   #6

Quote:
there seems not to be alot of us on here with the 97s but i love it i had a 1983 944 then it went to crap.. so i wanted a porsche again but one that wasn't going to cost too much so my wife didn't ********************. So i picked it up cheap off of ebay . The car was from FL orginally then moved to the 2nd owner in st louis then finally to me in nj .. The orginal owner kept it until 67k miles and the 2nd owner until 89,899. It currently has 94k but most of the parts have been updated one way or another..LOL
Bought mine from a dealer a year ago November. Car had only 9700 miles on it. I drive it as an everyday driver and it's been a blast. No major problems, just tires, radiator cap and airbag light on. (fixed that thanks to this forum for about $5.00!) I am the second owner of the car and same as you I bought it "right" and the wife didn't complain! Good 97's can be good transpotation and a lot of fun.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:17 PM   #7

Hi,

The One-Touch Window feature is not programmed by the Dealer, it's something you do yourself. The Service Manual states:
  • "Standardising the power windows:

The system must be re-standardised after an interruption in the
    power supply to the power window electronics in the door. The position
    values for the short-stroke lowering function, position-controlled
    lowering function in the case of convertible top actuation
    and enabling for 'automatic start-up of window closing' (one-touch function) are redefined. The standardisation process is initiated by continuous actuation of the operating button [Raise window]. Hold down the button [Raise window] until the window isclosed and is switched off by the blockage detection function of the power windows.

And, you need to do this procedure to each window individually. Hope this helps...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

Last edited by MNBoxster; 02-22-2007 at 03:41 PM.
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:54 PM   #8

just to clear this up i called the dealer and the service manager told me that the driver's side was designed to go up/down with one touch . The passenger side was designed ONLY to go down with the one touch but not up.. He said other yrs had both but not the the 97s'... so what mnboxster is saying is true if the 97s' had that option but they don't.. maybe the dealer could add to it who knows by programming but that's about it

Last edited by clb0099; 02-23-2007 at 07:52 PM.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:27 AM   #9

My 97 has a one touch operation on both sides. Try Jim's suggestion before you dismiss it. That may be all you need to do.

And remember, dealership people often know as little about the cars they sell as the guy washing cars in the back. They make up a lot of stuff if you ask me!
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 06:33 PM   #10

you have one touch up/down on the driver's side but on the passenger you only have one touch of the window going down.. i went to the dealership today talked to several people and all of assured me that this is true with the 97's i also got on a 97 that was on the property.. same thing as mine.. no one touch passenger window going up.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:55 PM   #11

Quote:
you have one touch up/down on the driver's side but on the passenger you only have one touch of the window going down.. i went to the dealership today talked to several people and all of assured me that this is true with the 97's i also got on a 97 that was on the property.. same thing as mine.. no one touch passenger window going up.
Hi, You are absolutely right i tried everything on my car and doesn't work
I never drive backwards to pick up a coffee at the drive through so doesn't bother me much
2014 Mercedes Benz 350 ML
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray manual
Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 07:06 PM   #12

thank you.. i knew i was not cracking up yet