Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2023, 06:08 AM   #1

Turn signal problem

Trying out some old headlights to see what I've got and put one in before checking the wiring on the turn signal bulb. Ended up it was frayed and blew the B2 turn signal fuse. I replaced it and now my turn signals don't work on any set I have. No turn indicator on the dash no turn signals front or rear. All other lights work fine and the odd things is the emergency flashers work like the should. Dash indicator lights, fine, front and rear turn lights flash fine. To me it looks like the turn signal stalk switch must of went bad. Am I missing something? Rechecked the fuse and it's good, just no signals with the switch. Anyone been down this road, ideas?
Thanks in advance.

JBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 09:18 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBauer View Post
Trying out some old headlights to see what I've got and put one in before checking the wiring on the turn signal bulb. Ended up it was frayed and blew the B2 turn signal fuse. I replaced it and now my turn signals don't work on any set I have. No turn indicator on the dash no turn signals front or rear. All other lights work fine and the odd things is the emergency flashers work like the should. Dash indicator lights, fine, front and rear turn lights flash fine. To me it looks like the turn signal stalk switch must of went bad. Am I missing something? Rechecked the fuse and it's good, just no signals with the switch. Anyone been down this road, ideas?
Thanks in advance.
If I am understanding your post correctly your turn signal bulbs light up they just don't blink when you use the turn signal stalk.

So I would check or replace the turn signal flasher... it is possible you burned it out when you shorted the circuit.
blue62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 02:23 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
If I am understanding your post correctly your turn signal bulbs light up they just don't blink when you use the turn signal stalk.

So I would check or replace the turn signal flasher... it is possible you burned it out when you shorted the circuit.
Front and rear turn signals don't light up with the turn signal stalk or the dash indicators. Turn on the emergency flashers and all turn lights flash plus the dash indicators also. The bright light switch on the stalk works as it should also. Everything works except all the turn signals with the stalk and the fuse is good. All started after a blown turn signal fuse from putting In an old set of headlight and blowing the fuse because of bare insulation on turn signal bulb.

Last edited by JBauer; 10-09-2023 at 03:19 PM.
JBauer is offline   Reply With Quote