Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2022, 11:51 AM   #1

Code po440,small leak in evap,.. And..

GM Gent's I have a few questions about my 02' 2.7 boxster,..1. that 440 code says small leak in the Evap system, can I assume that that's a fuel system leak of some sort.
2. lately after a gear change and clutch fully released I get a little hesitation,could that be a result of probably needing new chain guide pad's my last Deviation number's are 3.75 and 8.75,..and I do have that nasty startup noise,.very briefly but very noticeable.

Now for the curious question's,.is it impossible to install the 6sp trans from a 2000' Box S into my 2.7,..and can I also use the Mo30 suspension system from that same car,.?? I have the car with a blown engine,..or is it better to install another engine and put the car back on the road,.?? Thank's Very much for any info that you would share..Frank

flmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 12:20 PM   #2

No, P0440 is an EVAP system leak:

-EVAP cannister purge valve faulty
-Blocked purge air line
-Leaking EVAP system line leading to the air intake system
-Leaking o-ring seal on gas cap
Old 09-05-2022, 12:24 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by flmont View Post
Now for the curious question's,.is it impossible to install the 6sp trans from a 2000' Box S into my 2.7,..and can I also use the Mo30 suspension system from that same car,.?? I have the car with a blown engine,..or is it better to install another engine and put the car back on the road,.?? Thank's Very much for any info that you would share..Frank
Yes you can install a six speed trans in the base car, but along with the trans, you will need the six speed axles, which are different, as are the suspension uprights, hubs, and even the emergency brakes.
Old 09-06-2022, 08:18 AM   #4

Ahh ok..on the PO440,..and Thanks for the Info on the Tranny install,..It may be more work than benefit ..But it seems like a 6th gear would be great for the Hi-way...Thanks again ! Frank
Old 09-06-2022, 08:23 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by flmont View Post
Ahh ok..on the PO440,..and Thanks for the Info on the Tranny install,..It may be more work than benefit ..But it seems like a 6th gear would be great for the Hi-way...Thanks again ! Frank
Believe it or not, fifth gear in the five speed is more overdriven (0.789) than the sixth gear in the six speed (0.84), plus the six speed adds a lot of weight as well.
Old 09-06-2022, 10:19 AM   #6

Well Thats Great info Thank you,.I didnt think about checking the final drive ratio's, I just figured it had to be better. Thanks , saved me a bunch of work,..!! Frank