Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2006, 09:11 PM   #1

NEEDS help*..loud clicking noise from rear end...

guys, i m new to the board but i have been lurking on here for awhile, beofre and ofcourse after i got my box...around 3 months ago..,

here are some of my issues, \\

load and annoying clicking noise...sorta like the clicking noise when u spin the wheel from "wheel of fortune"....game show...when i press the throttle..my first guess was that the cat's "honey comb" is coming loose....but have yet to verify, last time i brougt my car to the deal, becuase my 5th cylinder was misfiring, i had them check it out, they told me it was the cat.....still i am still not sure, if it is...i am just going to get the fabspeed cat deletes and that would fix my problem...

but i hope to get some more info beofre i do that..

2nd issue.....I THINK I HAVE THE DREADED RMS LEAK!!...

last night i noitce oil spots in my garage floor.....can and i see it, on the underside of my engine as well...can anyone post a pic of where it really is suppsoe to be coming from?..

how hard is the seal change if i was looking to do a DIY on it?

ohh...btw...its a 01 Box base, with 160,000KM on it......

i have also notice break fade...u guyz would suggest a full flush? and fulid change?

i have no idea what has been done to the car maintenace wise.....but i was "told" it was service at my local p-dealer, i managedd to pull up a list,.....fromthe dealer but i did not understand it at all.

thanks in advance for ur help guy
01boxster is offline   Reply With Quote